PDA

View Full Version : Bluray?

Shadow81
12-07-13, 08:53
Does anybody know if I could add a USB Bluray drive to my GB Quad?

My Sammy Bluray player recently got forced onto a firmware update which uses Cinavia protection and this has broken some of my movies. I love the streaming of the GB Quad (very fast), and if I can add a BR USB drive I could bin my player altogether!

Thanks

marty
12-07-13, 09:07
If it did you wouldn't have HD sound :(

Shadow81
12-07-13, 09:19
That wouldnt matter to me in the bedroom as I only have stereo output - or do you mean audio would be totally unsupported and there would be no sound? My entertainment centre in the living room doesnt have this issue (which has the amp) so Id only need stereo output in this instance :)

Darrellr
12-07-13, 09:19
Apparently there isn't a plugin that has the necessary UDF 2.5 library. I'd be sooooo happy if there was as I would simply play my (legal) BD ISOs using the Quad instead og my current 2 box combination (Quad for sat, eGreat for movies)

Trial
12-07-13, 09:38
Hi,
you could not play original bluray. You could only play m2ts files without DRM protection. No ISO support up to now.

ciao

marty
12-07-13, 10:20
Would be a nice addition in the future (with HD sound) if it was at all possible :cool:

Shadow81
12-07-13, 11:44
Indeed it would - a very welcome development - as long as Cinavia was left well away from it :P

pooface
12-07-13, 14:42
The problem is, there are no free ware buy Ray codecs that I'm aware of for Linux, and that is what the problem is afaik...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2