PDA

View Full Version : buying Solo2 from abroad is it worth it

robti
11-07-13, 09:57
Hi i can get the above for £30 less than the sponsor but its abroad would you buy it or am i letting myself in for trouble down the line re warranty(through a well known US shopping site), so assume they would play a part

Thanks

Robert

Sicilian
11-07-13, 09:59
Buying from outside Europe you'll most likely endup paying extra import duty when you take delivery, also as you said, if you need warranty support shipping will cost you a small fortune, for £30 which you will most likely loose in import duty, is it worth the hassle? :rolleyes:

robti
11-07-13, 10:17
Thanks i thought that as it was through that Site that i would have some protection (Its the UK site that has the deal, so from Europe), doesn't matter sponsor doesn't price match outside UK (also thought that as i was placing the order through this UK site is would be okay).

Robert

Stanman
11-07-13, 11:30
Also on grey imports you may find manufacturer may not honour warranty IMho not worth the hassle for. Little gain.

BubbleBalls
11-07-13, 11:57
Bought a Duo from a German site (before I joined VIX) which had excellent reviews. No hassle with it at all. Bought a Quad from WOS, again no hassle. I live in Ireland so both boxes have been imported. If the site has a good reputation/after sale support I will use it.

Tapatalker