PDA

View Full Version : [Venton Unibox HDx] Hdmi cec and lg simplink tv

reeves1985
10-07-13, 18:08
Hi looking for a bit of help here
Been reading up about the hdmi cec feature and thought it would be good to use

I currently have a lg42lw450 tv which has cec (simplink) function
But for some reason the TV set won't accept the receiver it just has all options greyed out

I set the options in the vix menu for hdmi cec and also if I select the option to pass volume keys through that doesn't work either if I press volume after that option it just does nothing

Now I don't know much about hdmi cec and have never used simplink either so don't know if it is hdmi cable dependant or not
Just looking for a little but of advice/help

Sicilian
10-07-13, 18:09
I'm still yet to find a receiver will fully compatible HDMI CEC, never found one where all functions work. Also it would a driver issue, not ViX issue. None of the brands ViX support have HDMI CEC features that fully work with all brands of TV.

reeves1985
10-07-13, 18:17
No problem at least I know

Would be a great featur if manufactures could get 100% compatability but I suppose we can't have it all

BubbleBalls
10-07-13, 19:05
You probably have gone through all options in the TV menu? As already said I have noticed that some functions don't work on a Sony and a Samsung.

Tapatalker

Rob van der Does
10-07-13, 19:58
The problem is that many (TV)manufacturers use a (partly) proprietary version of HDMI-commands. Most likely to 'promote' own brand devices as being fully compatible.
And from the image side: HDMI-CEC is completely controlled by the drivers, so nothing any image builder can do about it.

reeves1985
10-07-13, 20:50
Yes been through all options on lg tv the hdmi cec is labeled simplink

Which when I switch on doesn't show anything is connected which means it obviously won't function because it doesn't see the receiver unfortunately