PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Picons gone after onlineupdate to 3.0.692

funburner
09-07-13, 22:12
Hi

After online updating from 688 to 692 tonight all my picons are gone.
I've tried to remove the picons and reinstall them with the same result.

Anyone having the same experience and maybe a solution ?

Thank you in advance.

Funburner

Clabs
09-07-13, 22:43
I had exactly that with one of my Ultomos. Full restart and they appeared again.

Having said that, where do you store your picons? Mine are in flash (there is plenty of room) - usr/share/enigma2/picon

If you are storing on usb, perhaps it has lost it's mount.

BubbleBalls
09-07-13, 23:12
Did you originally put them in flash?

Tapatalker

funburner
11-07-13, 12:55
Hi

Thank you for the reply.... I didn't check my thread before now since I didn't get any notifications on email - probably some kind of spam filter :confused:

Anyway....

I have installed the picons in flash and also tried a reboot.
But I haven't checked if the picons actually are in the directory if I log in to my Ultimo. I'm at work right now and I'll check the picons directory when I get home and post an update here.

Again. Thank you for your replys :)

Funburner

funburner
11-07-13, 18:08
Hi again.

My picons are located at /root/picon. I've tried to copy the files to /usr/share/enigma2/picon restarted the Ultimo and still no picons :confused:

I saw there was an update available tonight which I installed and hoped would fix it, but still no picons...

Funburner

Rob van der Does
11-07-13, 18:16
Picons should be in
/picon
or
etc/enigma2/picon
or
media/usb (or whatever the name is)/picon

funburner
11-07-13, 18:23
Hi Rob

It's just weird.

My picons has been in /picon ( that's what I meant when I wrote /root/picon :rolleyes: ) until now and was working.
I've just tried copy them to etc/enigma2/picon as you mentioned and did a reboot, still the same - just the VIX logo :confused:

Funburner

BubbleBalls
12-07-13, 12:18
Try usr/share/enigma2

Tapatalker

funburner
14-07-13, 17:54
Try usr/share/enigma2

I tried that in post #5....

Visited my good friend yesterday, which has the same setup with VIX3 and a Ultimo as I have, and he has also lost his picons after the update some days ago :confused:

Funburner

Rob van der Does
14-07-13, 18:34
usr/share/enigma2 is not the place to go. See posts above.

shaft
03-08-13, 14:10
Hi Rob

Are you saying picons shouldn't be stored in flash at usr/share/enigma2/picon? If so why? :confused:
I've read countless posts that recommend this location, mine are there. I have an ET9200 if it makes any difference.

shaft.

Larry-G
03-08-13, 14:12
personally when ever i have picons on the flash there stored to the root of the flash as just picon, the image ( ViX ) is smart enough that it will recognise them from there.

Rob van der Does
03-08-13, 14:43
Are you saying picons shouldn't be stored in flash at usr/share/enigma2/picon? If so why? :confused:
I've read countless posts that recommend this location, mine are there. I have an ET9200 if it makes any difference.
Not sure about other images, but if using ViX it should be just /picon (in flash or any storage media).

shaft
03-08-13, 14:57
Ok thanks for your replies chaps. Gives me something to do!
On a side note, does anyone know if there are any BT Sport picons available yet?

BubbleBalls
04-08-13, 14:17
MMCmedia have then. Last post.
BLACK 28.2E by MMCMedia - No Discussion
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showpost.php?p=138371

Tapatalker