PDA

View Full Version : Port A: Fixed 28E, Port B: USALS dish

lscolman
12-10-10, 22:10
Hi,

Have the VIX 1.1 image with the following dishes setup.

Port A: Fixed Minidish 28E: Simple, Single, Satellite Astra 2 28E, Send DiSEqc no
Port B: USALS dish: Simple, positioner, 1.4W,55W

I keep getting issues with my USALS dish on the above config. It often just gets stuck on another position, say Hotbird.

I expect that when I record one channel from the fixed dish, and then I choose to watch another I expect the USALS dish should move to 28E. Occasionally it does this, and most often after a total power down, but most times it just won't move.

Any ideas?

Is there a better way to configure this?

Cheers, Lee

mistreated
13-10-10, 07:30
Yes, there is. For B tuner use "advanced configuration", LNB 1, Diseqc 1.2, Use USALS for this sattelite - Yes, Latite - yours, Longtitude - yours. Make this for all the satellites you want to watch, except 28.2E. I have that configuration and never had any problem with it.

paul362
13-10-10, 09:17
Hi,

Have the VIX 1.1 image with the following dishes setup.

Port A: Fixed Minidish 28E: Simple, Single, Satellite Astra 2 28E, Send DiSEqc no
Port B: USALS dish: Simple, positioner, 1.4W,55W

I keep getting issues with my USALS dish on the above config. It often just gets stuck on another position, say Hotbird.

I expect that when I record one channel from the fixed dish, and then I choose to watch another I expect the USALS dish should move to 28E. Occasionally it does this, and most often after a total power down, but most times it just won't move.

Any ideas?

Is there a better way to configure this?

Cheers, Lee

I have the exact same setup as you have and i don't get any problems ! maybe the motor is a bit sticky ? how old is your motor?

Maxwell
13-10-10, 09:30
I would give the advanced settings a try first but from my own experience I would look at replacing the motor.
I had the exact same problems with the same setup, tried using advanced settings in fact tried everything and got nowhere, I was using a motor that was a couple of years old and yesterday I replaced it with a new Technomate 2300 motor and now its perfect.

Sicilian
13-10-10, 09:43
I've got the same setup as the OP using a TM2600 motor, no issues at all.

lscolman
13-10-10, 18:58
Hi,

The motor works fine when I select channels from that bouquet. I think I've got my bouquets and satellites.xml file mixed up somehow?

I'm looking for the steps to take to get the box installed properly?

Is this right...

Install VIX 1.1 image
Work through all the settings from the wizard and configure the network
Upload channel list (I think this is where it's all going wrong) What is the best way to do this. Choose one's from those installed with the image or use dreambox edit and nab somebody elses file?
Amend the satellite settings under Service Searching, Tuner Configuration
Choose the EPG plugin you want to use (Also very confusing. There are so many about)
Set the picons to the location on HDD

I want to watch 1W to 28E, but have tried numerous times to get this all working.

Someone please help me out ! ;-)

Cheers, Lee

lscolman
13-10-10, 19:37
Hi,

OK, I think I've managed to get the channels loaded up OK using Dreambox Edit. I now need to find out how to set up my Satellite dishes correctly

I am also not clear on what the CrossEPG downloader does. I have gaps in my EPG guide for some channels, and can't seem to work that out?

Any help there?

lscolman
13-10-10, 19:58
Setting back to original settings for the dishes, and it seems to be working now.

I don't think a new motor would do any harm. My current one is about 5 or 6 years old at least !

Managed to sort the EPG now that the channel bouquet is correct now.

Still don't understand what the CrossEPG Downloader is for?

Sicilian
14-10-10, 16:11
Still don't understand what the CrossEPG Downloader is for?

Its another plugin to update your EPG. If your using RyVIX and are happy with it, just leave it alone :)