PDA

View Full Version : Frequency Issue

andrew999uk
09-07-13, 16:41
Hi I have a vu+ duo which is loaded with catseye settings although this problem happens with any settings loaded. Tuner A is to a fixed 28e dish and Tuner B is motorised.

When I tune into a regular channel on 28e such as BBC etc I will quite often get a tuner error message. To correct the problem I have to rescan manually adding 1 or 2 to the frequency for it to find the channel. Thereafter I don't have a problem until the day I update the latest catseye etc settings then I have to go through the process of rescanning every frequency manually which is a pain! The 28e dish has also has a line going to a standard SkyHD box and this does not have a problem finding the channel. Switching the lines makes no difference. If I switch tuners to the motorised B tuner it works ok with the original settings.

Is the vu+ tuner more sensitive than a standard SkyHd receiver? I assume the fixed dish or something is slightly out causing the problem as it has occurred on more than one vu+ and vix/black hole? Is there a simpler way to add 1 or 2 to each frequency en bloc or to "tell" tuner A to do so?

Any ideas would be appreciated bearing in mind I am no expert ref the actual dish installation! - thanks

satmanbasil
11-07-13, 16:07
Hi mate

On your motor settings it seems your set up is not 100% right and your dish is not hitting the right spot double check your location long/att are correct and try again.

andrew999uk
13-07-13, 15:11
Hi

It's only a problem on the fixed dish tuner. The motorised tuner will find the settings on 28e without the same problem.

girginoz
13-07-13, 16:53
I use motorised system only and my preferred tuner is Tuner A in Menu>Setup>System>Customise.
I think yours should be 'automatic'.

andrew999uk
13-07-13, 18:30
I think the motorised part is a red herring as it works fine.

The problem is the fixed dish feed which needs the frequency fix for the feed to work. I'm assuming its a dish alignment problem but didn't know if there was a way to fool the Vu into adding 1 or 2 to the frequency number.

girginoz
13-07-13, 19:56
28.2 degree signals weak here (SNR 26%, 3.9dB ) When i change frequency say 11222H to 11218 or 11227 there is no significant change.
I never use ready settings because it is not just channels but user's all settings. Prefer manual scanning of all individual satellites.
If i need bouquettes there is autobouquette maker. Never mind if this info is of no value for your system.

andrew999uk
20-08-13, 13:13
Update
Basically the frequency issue was caused by a faulty dish/lnb. After they were replaced all is fine and there's no need to alter the frequencies for downloaded channel lists. Problem solved!