PDA

View Full Version : [Venton Unibox HDx] Remote stream convert help

reeves1985
09-07-13, 00:44
Just tried the above plugin trying to utilise the tuner feed from a dm800se when not in use so I can effectively have 3 feeds on my venton

Downloaded the plugin
Went into service scan and input IP address and username and password
Then downloaded the bouquets
New list with "remote" in front
But upon selecting a remote channel it just gives me a black screen and after a while says no data on transponder or something along those lines

Just wondered if I had done something wrong

Oh image is vix 692 build
Cheers fellas

Larry-G
09-07-13, 00:55
RemoteStreamConvert or RSCV acts in the same way as a recording would tying up the tuner it is streaming so that the host box no longer has access to it, so if you have any thing using the tuner on the dreambox the plugin may not be able to get a lock on.

reeves1985
09-07-13, 00:59
Thanks pheonix was just about to post I think I found out why

The single tuner would need to be in standby I think to be able to use that tuner as it is a single tuner box

An I correct?

judge
09-07-13, 01:10
Thanks pheonix was just about to post I think I found out why

The single tuner would need to be in standby I think to be able to use that tuner as it is a single tuner box

An I correct?

not necessarily in standby, just not currently tied up in use.
Recordings by default take preference, if no recording or other streaming from that tuner is going on, it should be easy enough to use the tuner to stream the channel you want to another E2 box. (will also switch channel to the same channel on the box with tuner being used if free to do so)

reeves1985
09-07-13, 01:20
Yeah I have it working now

I found I had to initially turn the box to standby to get it working

But it works when it's not in standby as well now

Not sure if the original plugin download went wrong but I deleted it and it is working on now

Was just testing it out to make sure started 5 recordings!! What's chances they were all on the same transponder/multiplex
I thought I was going mad lol

judge
09-07-13, 01:58
Easy enough to record 5 or more shows using ViX.
Record one or two channels depending on reciever, hit channel list, hit green for current transponder & record away on other channels avaiable,

A few current boxes still do crap out doing this, driver updates are still required from some manufacturers.

reeves1985
09-07-13, 02:32
Well I'm using the new venton HD2 had 5 recordings going and watching something else as a test
All recordings were fine as was live tv

A big thumbs up there

The previous nbox I have will just about record 2 but forget about watching something else on the same transponder it makes the recordings unusable and live tv glitches like crazy

I know that's a sh4 box converted but this new venton really does feel like a rolls Royce against a against a fiat uno

Larry-G
09-07-13, 04:14
I know that's a sh4 box converted but this new venton really does feel like a rolls Royce against a against a fiat uno

LOL well thats what you get with a proper broadcom based receiver ( the venton ) as there built for enigma 2 where as the nbox and other sh4 receivers run a hacked to pieces version at best.

reeves1985
09-07-13, 10:21
Can't agree more!!

You don't realise until you get a decent unit just how much better something that is actually built for the job is!!

Even my dreambox single tuner feels old and sketchy in comparison
But that does its job well too for what I need that one for