PDA

View Full Version : GigaBlue Quad won't restart after update

Darth72
08-07-13, 22:21
Hi All,

I've done an auto update tonight and now the box won't restart to a working channel.

It just hangs with the Gigablue icon on the LCD and the Open Vix banner on the TV.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please!!!!

Larry-G
08-07-13, 22:25
Hi All,

I've done an auto update tonight and now the box won't restart to a working channel.

It just hangs with the Gigablue icon on the LCD and the Open Vix banner on the TV.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please!!!!

Just do a fresh flash to the latest image from www.openvix.co.uk and when asked to select yes to restore the settings backup made as part of the update.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BubbleBalls
08-07-13, 22:26
How long has it been hanging?

Tapatalker

Darth72
08-07-13, 22:28
Ages now.

How do I restore an image if the box is hanging? I can't connect into it by Open Webif!

BubbleBalls
08-07-13, 22:41
If an hour or more its likely the flash failed somehow. By default your settings are saved( unless you turned it off) so you can apply them again to a clean flash.

How to USB flash/Upgrade GiGaBlue HD 800 SE purchased after 31/08/12 from WoS
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=22469

It should ask if you want to restore settings, then plugins.
Edit - this is for 800 but principle is the same. When you boot up the desplay will say an image has been found and press ok.

Only download and flash the Quad image from Phoenix link.

Tapatalker

Darth72
09-07-13, 16:56
Thanks for that.

I did indeed just download the image and restored the settings. All up and working now. I'm sure I've flashed it before but it is so long ago I panicked.

ovladaf
10-07-13, 21:42
I have the same problem but i have restored the config and when i restart again i get the same problem.
I have tried to restore whitout backup, and after restart again it is stuck...

BubbleBalls
10-07-13, 22:21
I have the same problem but i have restored the config and when i restart again i get the same problem.
I have tried to restore whitout backup, and after restart again it is stuck...

Try a different USB as some are not friendly to our boxes.

Tapatalker

ovladaf
11-07-13, 15:41
i have solved the problem updating the soft to the version 694.