PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Image 692 Display flicker on startup

thecaretaker
08-07-13, 20:23
Just upgraded to image 692 and all is well. But the lcd display on the ultimo is flickering as it boots. It looks like it is trying to display some text but flickering between the text and the default rings which remain from the VU+ boot loader.

Nothing major (not a problem for me), but maybe you could look at it in the next build. Just a heads-up :)

Larry-G
08-07-13, 20:26
yes it's due to some new code andy added to the Vu's so they could display certain info on the VFD while booting up etc, sadly though the drivers only allow it to fully work on the Duo2 but we have a request in for Vu to remedy this in their drivers for all models.

Creators
12-07-13, 17:04
yes it's due to some new code andy added to the Vu's so they could display certain info on the VFD while booting up etc, sadly though the drivers only allow it to fully work on the Duo2 but we have a request in for Vu to remedy this in their drivers for all models.

This is a serious drawback,at least for me! When can we expect good news? :confused:

Larry-G
12-07-13, 17:26
This is a serious drawback,at least for me! When can we expect good news? :confused:

it does not affect the running of the receiver at all so i cant see how you could consider it a serious drawback.

Creators
12-07-13, 18:33
I agree with you opinion,but in this case it is better rings than the flickering! :)

Rob van der Does
12-07-13, 18:44
So you're really watching the VFD during booting? If so, you'll see some info, in spite of the flickering. And if you don't, it doesn't matter at all.

Rob van der Does
12-07-13, 18:53
BTW: The Ultimo doesn't have an LCD (only the UO2 has that), but a G-VFD (Graphical Vacuum Fluorescent Display).

Creators
12-07-13, 19:03
So you're really watching the VFD during booting? If so, you'll see some info, in spite of the flickering. And if you don't, it doesn't matter at all.

If all honest,it bothers me the flickering! But it does not matter. :thumbsup: