PDA

View Full Version : Blindscan

girginoz
08-07-13, 19:10
With new driver on latest image 692 blindscan seems working but does not find most of existing transponders.
I blinscanned Hellassat which was unscanned before to find only 9 channels.

girginoz
10-07-13, 07:23
When i rescanned with 693 this time 110 channels found. Probably i am wrong or these open source receivers are not as accurate as ordinary closed source ones

Sicilian
10-07-13, 07:27
I'm pretty sure the HD800xx is not blindscan capable, are you sure you've posted this in the correct section?

girginoz
10-07-13, 07:40
I'm pretty sure the HD800xx is not blindscan capable, are you sure you've posted this in the correct section?

No, i am not so sure :D But it has nothing to do with openvix images. Its the same with all others.
But yes, there is a blindscan option with odd results.

Sicilian
10-07-13, 07:41
No, i am not so sure :D But it has nothing to do with openvix images. Its the same with all others.
But yes, there is a blindscan option with odd results.

Well what receiver are you using exactly?

girginoz
10-07-13, 07:45
Same in my signature: Gigablue 800 se

pooface
10-07-13, 07:49
Same in my signature: Gigablue 800 se

And as Sic said, not sure 800 is blind scan compatible... So maybe why you're not getting results you'd want... With any image

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

girginoz
10-07-13, 08:11
And as Sic said, not sure 800 is blind scan compatible... So maybe why you're not getting results you'd want... With any image

Will have to renew satellites xml frequently:confused: More pc dependancy.
Almost 60 satellites within range and it would be easier to blindscan once in a while.
Furthermore, 28.2 and 28.5 degrees with weak signal need to be separated in xml for exact focusing...
Thanks, anyway

girginoz
11-07-13, 11:09
It is an "either radio or blindscan" case:D
(Returned to openvix 685 with old driver: Radios gone, blinscan came)
I would rather have both but blindscan is my first choice.

girginoz
13-07-13, 23:42
Somehow it is working with openvix 695 image: Found a tp missing in satellites xml:)

Rob van der Does
14-07-13, 06:18
Somehow it is working with openvix 695 image: Found a tp missing in satellites xml:)
But that is not related to blindscan :confused:

girginoz
14-07-13, 07:38
But that is not related to blindscan :confused:

:confused::confused:? I always overwrite my own xml after loading new image and backup.
(Sorry, my xml considered invalid file to be uploaded here)
But yes, you are right:thumbsup: That tp not in xml but in lamedb file.

Rob van der Does
14-07-13, 08:35
Not sure if we're talking about the same.
1- Blindscan doesn't use any existing transponders (hence the name);
2- A normal scan is carried out using the transponders in the satellite.xml;
3- Tuning to a channel is done on transponfers in the lamedb;
4- The satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox is a systemfile and is being maintained by the image(updates). The satelite.xml you afe uploading yourself (and the sysyem is using) is in etc/enigma2

girginoz
14-07-13, 08:49
Not sure if we're talking about the same.
1- Blindscan doesn't use any existing transponders (hence the name);
2- A normal scan is carried out using the transponders in the satellite.xml;
3- Tuning to a channel is done on transponfers in the lamedb;
4- The satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox is a systemfile and is being maintained by the image(updates). The satelite.xml you afe uploading yourself (and the sysyem is using) is in etc/enigma2

I overwrite my own xml in etc/tuxbox. Do you mean i should overwrite the one in etc/enigma2?
But there is no such file there:confused:

girginoz
14-07-13, 09:29
There are satellites.xml's other than one in etc/tuxbox:
/etc 26 bytes
/usr/share 26bytes
/usr/share/tuxbox 26 bytes
What i am talking about is around 480 KB.
It takes us back to my message #10

girginoz
14-07-13, 09:47
I have just blindscanned Intelsat 12 at 45.0E without filtering neighboring satellites.
Result : all azerspace transponders at 46.0E found with a channel list of both satellites.
I think this is enough to prove it works:thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
14-07-13, 09:59
I overwrite my own xml in etc/tuxbox. Do you mean i should overwrite the one in etc/enigma2?
But there is no such file there:confused:
I can't phrase it any clearer then I already did:

4- The satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox is a systemfile and is being maintained by the image(updates). The satelite.xml you are uploading yourself (and the system is using) is in etc/enigma2
And indeed: in a virgin image there will of course not be a user file in etc/enigma2. It's the user who creates it there.

The file in etc/tuxbox will be overwritten on every image update (as a system-file should be).

PS: The above is if using ViX.

girginoz
14-07-13, 10:06
Thanks for the info. I'll add my xml to /etc/enigma2 next time.

girginoz
14-07-13, 11:09
This way no need to overwrite xml. It is saved in backup:thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
14-07-13, 11:33
Thanks for the info. I'll add my xml to /etc/enigma2 next time.
You can copy it there right now.

It is saved in backup:thumbsup:
That is indeed one of the advantages of using real user-files.

girginoz
14-07-13, 22:27
This is not the topic to discuss but there is something wrong with this etc/enigma2 xml file.
When i uploaded new image vix 696 and backup containing this xml there was no 28.5E satellite in addition to 28.2 E till i overwrote my satellites.xml
in etc/tuxbox:confused:

Rob van der Does
14-07-13, 22:33
If there is a satellites.xml in etc/enigma2 the one in etc/tuxbox will not be used.

Don't forget: before uploading settings (and specifically a satellites.xml) Enigma should be stopped (init 4) and after the uploading started again (init 3). If uploaded in a living E2 the new file will be overwritten (as is the case with most items, as E2 holds them in live-memory).

girginoz
14-07-13, 22:44
You are right. I deleted the one in tuxbox to see nothing changed.
Sorry for bothering you at this time of night.

Rob van der Does
15-07-13, 05:06
BTW: Large dish you're using; for feedhunting?

girginoz
15-07-13, 06:15
Hobby what's new, forcing the limits of the dish. Very few channels of my interest at this age. Rarely feed-back to satellites charts. That is why blindscan is important for me, but this device is not reliable yet; only very strong signals caught.

Larry-G
15-07-13, 07:32
This is not the topic to discuss but there is something wrong with this etc/enigma2 xml file.
When i uploaded new image vix 696 and backup containing this xml there was no 28.5E satellite in addition to 28.2 E till i overwrote my satellites.xml
in etc/tuxbox:confused:

there should not be a separate enrty in the satellites.xml file for 28.5 east as this all comes under 28.2 east, its all the same network so to speak, if you are using a .xml with 28.2 east and 28.5 east it will cause problems.

girginoz
15-07-13, 07:50
there should not be a separate enrty in the satellites.xml file for 28.5 east as this all comes under 28.2 east, its all the same network so to speak, if you are using a .xml with 28.2 east and 28.5 east it will cause problems.

No problems so far:)
I just change the satellite angle and name for certain frequencies at 28.2E as 28.5E Eutelsat using dreambox edit. (11220-11680 and 12523-12643)
The point is you must do the second half first. When finished, you have a new satellite at 28.5E.
(I have to do this for the signal is weak here. It is only 3-4 steps for motor but the result is satisfying)

Rob van der Does
15-07-13, 08:13
A 1.5M dish has a rather narrow beam, so I can understand OP wants to have two separate positions for optimal alignment to both.

girginoz
16-07-13, 10:17
@pheonix i now understand what you meant by problems: No double bouquets with same name.
But what i can get here is all one provider: BSkyB (Except Fashion One of Freesat). So i copy both sats to bouquets to move just a few to the top.
Thanks all for your interest.