PDA

View Full Version : Noobie Newbie

micky22
08-07-13, 11:29
Hi everyone,

As the title says, I am a noobie newbie and found my way here after doing a little research on these satellite receivers :confused: this is my 1st venture into these and if someone here could point me in the right direction, am looking for some info in how all this works and some help in buying my 1st receiver :)

I originally looked at the skybox f3 and f5s but have heard some bad things about these, build quality not so good and breaking down alot, but for the price i was thinking this would be good for an entry point...

Any inboxes with info would be great :)

Thanks in advanced

BubbleBalls
08-07-13, 14:23
Welcome.

This is a great site.

Main thing is you use enigma2 boxes. They give you so much more control and choice than other formats. Before I began I listed exactly what I needed to start with (2 X Sat tuners + 1 digital tuner, internal HDD, 7 day epg, ability to transfer/play some media files)

There is a lot of choice, some very expensive, but if you can list what you need it for, and ballpark budget, you may get a great box. I believe the f3 and f5 are predominantly related to CS'ing (I may be wrong) which is not tolerated on the forum.

Tapatalker

Stanman
08-07-13, 19:24
First and foremost - budget please otherwise we will all recommend a DUO2:D

BubbleBalls
08-07-13, 22:05
There is only a small difference - a measly £400 between an F3 and Duo2😄

Mickey22 - if you provide more info you will get advise. I started a year ago and, without the help and support from this site, I would not have gotten everything out of the kit I have.

Tapatalker