PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Problem with User Interface.

baltutis
08-07-13, 09:16
Normal UI sized 720*576 is too big and must resize to 686*554.
Please let me know why 720*576 is too big.
Problem with all VIX images.
Receiver Vu+ Solo2
No similar problems with other groups images.
Thanks

satcat
08-07-13, 10:02
you probably have overscan set on your tele,, and that causes the problem ,, you can turn it off, or use the menu you are in on your pics,, and alter size using the arrow keys,, and rember to save before you exit,, cheers satcat

Trial
08-07-13, 10:04
Hi,
problem is that your TV has Overscan activated (Overscan is evil:-)). Other images create their default skin in such a way that it is so small it also fits in TVs with overscan. Skins in ViX are optimized for TVs without overscan.

I see that you seems to have a SD TV I do not know if it is possible to deactivate Overscan there.

ciao

baltutis
08-07-13, 11:29
TV - Plasma Panasonic ( Full HD ).
Switch off Overscan - User Interface now OK, but some SD channels now not full screen - visible black frame around picture (few milimeters width).
With original Vu+ image no problems with picture and User Interface when Overscan On or Off.
When Ovescan ON - Optibox Evo with Open AVT , Opel PLi and Vu+ Solo2 with original image - no problems with picture size and user interface.
Never try before BH on Solo2 receiver - try later and report how it work.

Larry-G
08-07-13, 11:42
The black bars are placed there by the broadcaster and can not be removed, this is especially evident on older episodes of the Simpsons or Futurama when broadcast on sky1 HD.

you can get some programs to scale them selves by adjusting the A/V settings Menu> setup> system> A/V settings. change display 4.3 and 16.9 content as "just scale", but not all will and on those there is nothing what so ever you can do about it.

baltutis
09-07-13, 14:17
Overscan OFF - visible frame around picture on some SD channels.
User Interface - normal size (720*576)
Overscan ON - no frames around picture on some SD channels.
User Interface - too big, must be resized to 686*554

Tested Black Hole image on Solo2 receiver - User Interface (720*576) normal size when Overscan Off or On.
Tested Original Vu+ Image - User Interface (720*576) normal size when Overscan Off or On.
Tested VIX image - User Inrerface (720*576) normal size only when Overscan Off.

Rob van der Does
09-07-13, 15:22
Overscan OFF - visible frame around picture on some SD channels.
There's no need to test this with several images: the box will and can only display what the provider sends.
This is a know problem for several providers: careless video-work (even sometimes on HD-contents). Please complain to them.

And the skins ViX provides are indeed full screen; that's why the OSD size can be changed if you set overscan to ON.

baltutis
01-10-13, 09:07
VIX image is best for me. Just User interface size ir big problem.
On TV is activated overscan.
Before use Optibox Evo receiver - no problem with user interface.
Now use Vu+ Solo2.
Used BH, OpenPli images - no problems with User interface when Overscan is On or Off and no need make any changes in settings.
Maybe people working with VIX image can fix problem with User interface.
Thank you

Trial
01-10-13, 09:26
Hi,
for VU+ you can change OSD position and size in the setup. For most/all other boxes you should use a different skin.

ciao

baltutis
01-10-13, 14:33
Unable permanent set OSD location.
OSD location self change after channel change, receiver On/Off, receiver reboot.
OSD go to 4 lines each side. Sometimes up, sometimes down, sometimes left or right.

Found problem in right side:

Fix problem.

Restart receiver and again found problem. OSD go up and left:

Fix again:

Restart receiver and again found problem. OSD go down:

Fix again:

Restart receiver. OSD go up and right:

Never see same problem with BD or OpenPLi image wit same receiver and same TV (Overscan is always enabled on TV).

Rob van der Does
01-10-13, 15:18
First of all: do switch off overscan. It ruins HD-pleasure!
Secondly: As far as I know ViX is the only image that provides full screen OSD (so all space can be used).
So indeed: if you have overscan switched on, you'll have to use OSD-position to adjust the size of OSD.

On on of my TV's I have to use Component, so overscan is there and I do use OSD-position. I never encountered any problem there, not even after reflash and restore. Once set and it's OK for ever.
In other words: I can't reproduce your issue and I have no idea where it comes from.

Never see same problem with BD or OpenPLi image wit same receiver and same TV (Overscan is always enabled on TV).
That's because they don't use full screen skins.

Larry-G
01-10-13, 15:58
VIX image is best for me. Just User interface size ir big problem.
On TV is activated overscan.
Before use Optibox Evo receiver - no problem with user interface.
Now use Vu+ Solo2.
Used BH, OpenPli images - no problems with User interface when Overscan is On or Off and no need make any changes in settings.
Maybe people working with VIX image can fix problem with User interface.
Thank you

That's because we only use full HD skins that do not hide overscan unlike others who dont use HD skins like BH, pli and others.

This is not a problem with the image but your TV. As you obviously know about overscan I highly recommend you disable it or as a last resort reposition the OSD from within the image.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

pooface
01-10-13, 19:01
Unable permanent set OSD location.
OSD location self change after channel change, receiver On/Off, receiver reboot.
OSD go to 4 lines each side. Sometimes up, sometimes down, sometimes left or right.

How are you restarting your box? I'm thinking you are not properly shutting your box down using the power menu and restart... Unless you properly shut down/restart the box, your settings don't get saved properly...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Trial
01-10-13, 19:32
Hi,
if everything fails try other skins. The reason you never saw it on other images is that their skins are for overscan TVs.

ciao