PDA

View Full Version : VU+ DUO Questions

frank
12-10-10, 17:05
I've just received my VU+ DUO (twin tuner) box and I want to flash the box, but before I go ahead and do this, I want to know a few things, so I don't do anything wrong:-

1)Which is the best image for the VU+ DUO and which is the best and easiest way to instal/flash it on the box?

2)Will the image include a good EPG guide or do I have to install an addon (if so, how do I install addon)?

3)How do I install a good 'skin'?

4)Can I use an external hardrive (plug into USB slot) or is it better to use an internal hardrive?

5)How do I install CCcam 2.1.4 on the box?

6)Is this box good and easy to use?

Thanks

Sicilian
12-10-10, 17:15
I've just received my VU+ DUO (twin tuner) box and I want to flash the box, but before I go ahead and do this, I want to know a few things, so I don't do anything wrong:-

1)Which is the best image for the VU+ DUO and which is the best and easiest way to instal/flash it on the box?

2)Will the image include a good EPG guide or do I have to install an addon (if so, how do I install addon)?

3)How do I install a good 'skin'?

4)Can I use an external hardrive (plug into USB slot) or is it better to use an internal hardrive?

5)How do I install CCcam 2.1.4 on the box?

6)Is this box good and easy to use?

Thanks

1. Try VIX 1.1, flash with USB method.

2. RyVIX EPG built in, press blue button > RyVIX EPG > Blue button for sources and selec the epg you require.

3. The default skin is great ;)

4. You can use external or internal, if USB external use one with its own PSU.

5. Menu > Plugins > Green to download plugins > Look under cams.

6. Its great and very easy to use, in time you'll get used to all it's menus.

frank
12-10-10, 17:24
1. Try VIX 1.1, flash with USB method.

2. RyVIX EPG built in, press blue button > RyVIX EPG > Blue button for sources and selec the epg you require.

3. The default skin is great ;)

4. You can use external or internal, if USB external use one with its own PSU.

5. Menu > Plugins > Green to download plugins > Look under cams.

6. Its great and very easy to use, in time you'll get used to all it's menus.

Thankyou sir for your reply. If I did want to install a 'skin', how would I do this? Do I just put it on a USB and install?

mmcmedia
12-10-10, 18:29
Frank tbh the vti 1.3 is what iam using atm and without a doubt the vix image is very good it wouldnt hurt to try 1 or 2 images to see which u prefer so heres my answers and this is only my opinion & no one elses

1) Try Vti v1.3 or 2.1 (i prefer 1.3)
2) Satmate epg has 7 days rytec has 5 Rytec pre installed satmate easy to install via tmp folder (also try cool tv guide epg)
3) I like Brushed Alu
4) Answered above
5) Via plugin menu
6) Miles better than dreambox 800hd

frank
12-10-10, 18:46
Frank tbh the vti 1.3 is what iam using atm and without a doubt the vix image is very good it wouldnt hurt to try 1 or 2 images to see which u prefer so heres my answers and this is only my opinion & no one elses

1) Try Vti v1.3 or 2.1 (i prefer 1.3)
2) Satmate epg has 7 days rytec has 5 Rytec pre installed satmate easy to install via tmp folder (also try cool tv guide epg)
3) I like Brushed Alu
4) Answered above
5) Via plugin menu
6) Miles better than dreambox 800hd

If I install an image on the box and I don't like it, will I have to do a 'factory reset' before I install/flash another image, or can I just flash over the previous image?

How do I install EPG addons? Where do I put the file?

Can I record a series withouthout having to press record all the time, i.e Eastenders?

I heard you can record more than two channels at times, is this true?

Mr. Mister
12-10-10, 21:13
No factory reset needed.. just put your new image on USB and put USB stick in your Vu and restart your box.. Takes about 3 minutes and thats it..

For VIX image.. All your EPG settings are done via the blue button on remote.. no need to put files anywhere.. all done via remote..

Blue button >
Down 2 to RyVIX EPG >
Blue button >
Select the sats you want the EPG for.. >
Press green button >
Then press yellow button for manual download..
Then all will be updated automatically after that..

Yes.. you can record a full series no problems at all.. again.. this is done very easily via the remote..

I find it hard enough to find one programme to record.. but i have seen it on here that you can record 6 at the same time..

Hope this helps

frank
12-10-10, 21:47
I have managed to install image to box, but I have decided to put a different 'skin' on the box, as it has ECM time and HOPS info on the NOW and NEXT bar. How do I put the 'skin' file onto the box?

grtmoby
12-10-10, 22:34
to put a skin depends on your image and not all skins work will all images. (skins are somehow specifically modified and released for each image)

for the ecm time, it is a bug with the softcam and the fix for it is not highly recommended.

to install a skin, u need its installation file or what is called .ipk file

what image are you using?

frank
13-10-10, 00:31
to put a skin depends on your image and not all skins work will all images. (skins are somehow specifically modified and released for each image)

for the ecm time, it is a bug with the softcam and the fix for it is not highly recommended.

to install a skin, u need its installation file or what is called .ipk file

what image are you using?

Im using the latest version of VIX image, might change it to PLI...

xarqi
13-10-10, 02:48
Yes.. you can record a full series no problems at all.. again.. this is done very easily via the remote.

How?
Is this image specific? Does it require EPG information from the internet, rather than from the service itself?

frank
13-10-10, 18:33
If I have VIX or PLI image on my VU+ DUO, how do I put Army_ClassPlusHD_DE1.2-3.x_v.1.3_BH 'skin' onto my box?

Sicilian
14-10-10, 16:09
If I have VIX or PLI image on my VU+ DUO, how do I put Army_ClassPlusHD_DE1.2-3.x_v.1.3_BH 'skin' onto my box?

You would need to modify and make it compatible with either the VIX or PLi image.

frank
15-10-10, 17:25
When flashing image to box and sending picon, is it better to have hardrive in the VU+ DUO?

Sicilian
16-10-10, 06:24
When flashing image to box and sending picon, is it better to have hardrive in the VU+ DUO?

You can flash your Duo with or without a HDD inside. For picon I would recommend using a USB stick to store them.

frank
17-10-10, 16:06
I can't seem to set my tuners (both A and B) to SKY UK (28.2), I only have a static dish. Which settings are the best and what do I need to change?

Can some1 help me please?

grtmoby
17-10-10, 16:09
r u having a single or dual lnb that will be connecting to the duo

frank
17-10-10, 16:13
It will be single wire, which will come direct from the sky uk dish. It is connected to LNB 1 on the VU+ DUO. I am using VIX 1.1.

grtmoby
17-10-10, 17:21
for tuner A:

simple
single sat
send diseqc NO

for tuner B:

Loopthrough

frank
17-10-10, 17:21
It will be single wire, which will come direct from the sky uk dish. It is connected to LNB 1 on the VU+ DUO. I am using VIX 1.1.

Anyone???

I still can't manage to config my tuners.

grtmoby
17-10-10, 17:30
just replied to you m8

frank
17-10-10, 17:38
just replied to you m8

Can I use two LNB from SKY UK dish? What are the advantages of this?

How would I do this, as I only have one LNB wire coming from the SKY UK dish.

grtmoby
17-10-10, 17:40
u'd need to change ur lnb to a dual one and so add another cable down to ur box

the advantage is being able to record one channel while watching another one in a different transponder with a different polarity

frank
17-10-10, 17:43
As I only have one LNB from Sky UK dish, can I watch a channel (even record) and record another channel even if it's on a different transponder?

grtmoby
17-10-10, 17:44
well yes but only under the condition it is same polarity and frequency band

frank
17-10-10, 18:13
If I decide to get a two LNB line for SKY UK, would I have to set both tuners as:-

for tuner A :

simple
single sat
send diseqc NO

for tuner B :

simple
single sat
send diseqc NO

?

grtmoby
17-10-10, 18:42
yes or easier set tuner B as "equal to" tuner A ;)

frank
17-10-10, 20:05
I have scanned and have found all Sky UK channels, but when I created a CCcam.cfg and put that into var/etc, I still can't get all the channels to work. What am i doing wrong?

(Im using VIX 1.1)

Stanman
17-10-10, 20:17
Do you have a valid Sky subscription?
If so you will need to put your box key in the cfg file

more info in this thread.

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2758-sly-card-in-vu-duo&p=19436&highlight=#post19436

frank
17-10-10, 20:25
Do you have a valid Sky subscription?
If so you will need to put your box key in the cfg file

more info in this thread.

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2758-sly-card-in-vu-duo&p=19436&highlight=#post19436

It wasn't working, because CCCam wasn't set to 'autostart', now it's working fine.

frank
17-10-10, 20:27
Why does my 'Cool TV Guide' have lots of programs missing, its all blank on most channels (the TV guide is not showing programs that will be coming soon).

Is it because I only have ONE LNB?

charliesen
18-10-10, 00:42
Have you downloaded the EPG data mate ?

frank
18-10-10, 00:53
When changing channels, my favourite list keeps coming, why can't I just change channels normally (without the favourite list).?

grtmoby
18-10-10, 01:03
When changing channels, my favourite list keeps coming, why can't I just change channels normally (without the favourite list).?

change channels using the left and right keys (not up n down) ;)

frank
18-10-10, 01:11
change channels using the left and right keys (not up n down) ;)

LOL, ur right.

M8, I cant download epg grabber. I get a green screen when I try downloading 'Cross EPG.'

It says: -We are sorry, your STB has encountered a software problem.'

grtmoby
18-10-10, 01:27
try to and reset the settings from the VIX menu and disable RyVix if enabled and all should be good

frank
18-10-10, 02:32
I've managed to download CrossEPG, but I can't load data in Cool TV guide, so i'm still not getting a full TV guide. How do I load data to EPG?

Also, i'd like to know how to enable channel numbers on VIX image.

frank
18-10-10, 03:08
I've managed to download CrossEPG, but I can't load data in Cool TV guide, so i'm still not getting a full TV guide. How do I load data to EPG?

Ignore the above message.

I have loaded the the epg data from CROSSEPG to the Cool TV guide, but how do I enable COOLEPG to load data to tv guide automatically every day?

frank
18-10-10, 17:08
Ignore the above message.

I have loaded the the epg data from CROSSEPG to the Cool TV guide, but how do I enable COOLEPG to load data to tv guide automatically every day?

Anyone?? ^^^^

frank
20-10-10, 19:46
How do you check how much space is left on your hardrive (internal)?

Maxwell
21-10-10, 10:26
Easiest way is to just bring up the recorded files list, it tells you at the bottom