PDA

View Full Version : Few questions :)

iluukee
04-07-13, 20:14
Hi guys,

Just joined the site as it looks like the place to be with all the really helpfull users and information.

I am planning on buying a VU Duo + with in the next month, But i have a few questions. I am not new to the CCCAM scene as i have a OPen box aswell for the bedroom but this new box will be for the living room.

Is the box good and worth it?
Do i have to update the EPG all the time or is it automatic like on boxes like sly.
is it easy to use?
Will any 2.5 1tb hd work?
How many hours of recording can you get on the 1TB

If any one can answer any of these questions i would appreciate it alot

thanks

Larry-G
04-07-13, 20:26
Is the box good and worth it?
asbolutely yes although the duo is getting on a bit now adays, maybe look at the venton range.

Do i have to update the EPG all the time or is it automatic like on boxes like sly.
The epg can be fully automated with the inbuilt CrossEPG plugin.

is it easy to use?
yes although some user setup and maintenance is required.

Will any 2.5 1tb hd work?
should do without any issues

How many hours of recording can you get on the 1TB
That depends on weather there HD or SD recordings.

iluukee
04-07-13, 21:22
Thanks alot for the reply.. I thought the vu duo was abit old now. Just seen the venton, its cheaper but does it do everything the duo does? :) also whats the difference between the hd1,2 and 3? And ill mostly be recording SD

Larry-G
04-07-13, 21:52
Thanks alot for the reply.. I thought the vu duo was abit old now. Just seen the venton, its cheaper but does it do everything the duo does? :) also whats the difference between the hd1,2 and 3? And ill mostly be recording SD

I'm not massively familiar with the ventons but if you dont need 3 tuners i'd recommend the HD1+ as that will give you the ability to upgrade to a dual tuner receiver at a later date ( as with the HD2 ) and yes they will do pretty much every thing a Duo will.

iluukee
04-07-13, 23:14
When you say dual tuner.. does that mean i can only record 1 show with a single tuner? Btw thanks for all ur help aswell

BubbleBalls
05-07-13, 00:43
I have a Duo in my bedroom. In my bedroom. It was the box of choice last year and before (i believe) and if you can get one second hand at a great price then go for it.

If you are buying new, as phoenix alluded, then there are many boxes of equal stature (and more) available at very good prices.

You have just joined the forum - so you may have just begun your search for your ideal setup - the Duo still comes top of the list on alot of searches - but that's because thousands and thousands have used it.

Whatever box you pick, pick an enigma2 box.

Tapatalker

Stanman
05-07-13, 19:57
When you say dual tuner.. does that mean i can only record 1 show with a single tuner? Btw thanks for all ur help aswell

Yes, you may be able to watch one or two other channels that are on the same transponder but other than that only what you have already recorded.

twin tuner you will be able to record and watch live TV

iluukee
06-07-13, 19:50
Yes, you may be able to watch one or two other channels that are on the same transponder but other than that only what you have already recorded.

twin tuner you will be able to record and watch live TV

Ill probably go for the HD 2 then :D last question (sorry) again will the epg update automatically on this box? 7 etc... and also on the epg can i just click record and it will start and stop the record automatically like sly?

Larry-G
06-07-13, 20:07
Ill probably go for the HD 2 then :D last question (sorry) again will the epg update automatically on this box? 7 etc... and also on the epg can i just click record and it will start and stop the record automatically like sly?

yes to both once setup properly.