PDA

View Full Version : Solo2 queries

CS10
04-07-13, 08:34
Hi All,

Couple of weeks in with my Solo2 box, absolutely loving it.

A few questions though:

1/ When using auto timer, if a show is shown twice a week, I can only seem to get it to auto record on one of the days, it doesn't want to add the second show in the week - is there any way to do this?

2/ Is there a way to 'protect' a recording, so it can't be deleted. On Sly, they had the Keep option, where you have to double confirm you want to delete, something like that would be cool.

3/ I read on another topic that you shouldn't install the picons to the hard drive. I have installed the set for 28.2E that comes in the inbuilt feeds with Vix. I think these are installed to the hard drive aren't they?

4/ If I were to install another set of Picons that aren't in the feeds, how do I switch between which ones the box uses?

Rob van der Does
04-07-13, 09:00
Hi All,

Couple of weeks in with my Solo2 box, absolutely loving it.

A few questions though:

1/ When using auto timer, if a show is shown twice a week, I can only seem to get it to auto record on one of the days, it doesn't want to add the second show in the week - is there any way to do this?

2/ Is there a way to 'protect' a recording, so it can't be deleted. On Sly, they had the Keep option, where you have to double confirm you want to delete, something like that would be cool.

3/ I read on another topic that you shouldn't install the picons to the hard drive. I have installed the set for 28.2E that comes in the inbuilt feeds with Vix. I think these are installed to the hard drive aren't they?

4/ If I were to install another set of Picons that aren't in the feeds, how do I switch between which ones the box uses?

1- Yes, using the correct settings (so not only xxday)
2- Not needed: all deleted files are in the trashcan and can be watched and/or moved from there
3- During install of picons from the feeds you are asked where you want to locate them. Both flash and USB-stick are fine locations, but never use any HDD (as it will slow zapping considerably)
4- You can't. Just add all picons you want to use to the same folder (i.e. /picon)

CS10
04-07-13, 10:49
Hi Rob,

Thank you very much for the replies.

I'm sure I have set the auto timer and removed the Day setting, but it didn't do it. Will have another go tonight.

Regarding the Picons, I haven't even noticed a delay when changing channels on the Solo2, and I'm pretty sure they are on the HDD. So I reckon I might be able to make it even faster than it already is by moving them to flash memory!

Rob van der Does
04-07-13, 10:58
Regarding the 'days': it's also possible that the events on other days have a different name or description.

yana
04-07-13, 14:30
hi,

just realized that my picon set is on the hdd. that explains some of the delays in zapping then. will change folder tonight. I take it can just ftp the box and drag the file from hhd to usb (using filezilla). Is epg also better on pen drive? have that one to on hdd?

Larry-G
04-07-13, 14:36
hi,

just realized that my picon set is on the hdd. that explains some of the delays in zapping then. will change folder tonight. I take it can just ftp the box and drag the file from hhd to usb (using filezilla). Is epg also better on pen drive? have that one to on hdd?

EPG is fine on the HDD as it's data is held in live memory and only written to or read from it's storage media at bootup and shutdown.

as for the picons, yes just use filezilla to drag the picon folder to the USB stick and delete it from the HDD, you should notice any where up to a 5 second increase in channel zapping times.

yana
04-07-13, 15:13
hi pheonix,

many thanks for your helpful and prompt reply