PDA

View Full Version : [XP1000] Vix won't boot (stuck on World of Satellite picture)

Red D
04-07-13, 07:54
I installed the TSMedia plugin last night on my XP1000 box and when the box has retarted this morning it gets as far as that World Of Satellite boot screen (the snowy picture with the moon on it?) and just stays there.

I've tried turning the power off for 10 mins, removing the USB stick, but it still sticks on this image.

Any idea how I can get beyond this?

thanks

Larry-G
04-07-13, 08:16
probably going to need to reflash the receiver.

How to flash a Maxdigital XP1000
Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23100-Guide-how-to-flash-MK-MaxDigitial-XP1000-enigma-2-receiver&p=219155&viewfull=1#post219155)

Red D
04-07-13, 09:05
cheers, although I was hoping that wasn't going to be the case.

I'm guessing a new flash will mean I need to install all my plugins and settings on the box from scratch also?

One other thing, I've been unable to ftp into my box since it all went tits up this morning. Is that normal when the box isn't booting properly?

Red D
04-07-13, 13:00
probably going to need to reflash the receiver.

How to flash a Maxdigital XP1000
Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23100-Guide-how-to-flash-MK-MaxDigitial-XP1000-enigma-2-receiver&p=219155&viewfull=1#post219155)

I'm having problems trying to re-flash the box. ON the instructions it tells you to wait for the Rec LED to turn red and the LED front standby button to turn red. Problem is the standby button doesn't ever turn red. It flashes purple for a milli-second and then stays blue.

Any ideas?

Red D
05-07-13, 09:42
I'm having problems trying to re-flash the box. ON the instructions it tells you to wait for the Rec LED to turn red and the LED front standby button to turn red. Problem is the standby button doesn't ever turn red. It flashes purple for a milli-second and then stays blue.

Any ideas?

sorted. The box didn't like the USB sticks I was using. 4th brand lucky (kingston)

Red D
05-07-13, 09:42
solved. Dodgy usb stick! :cool: