PDA

View Full Version : Mipsel or mips32el

reeves1985
04-07-13, 01:25
When looking for extras for the venton hd2 will it be mipsel or mips32el that are the correct ones

Thanks

Larry-G
04-07-13, 01:38
I really would not worry too much about it to be honest. all the images i know of for the Venton receivers are what we would call OE 2.0 based and therefore require mips32el plugins although a lot of plugins with the mipsel designation will work too if they contain the source files ( .py files ) rather than just including the pre-compiled .pyo files.

depending on the image you use, you will also have a inbuilt plugin repository such as the ViX image feeds where you can source plugins known to work with the image / receiver.

reeves1985
04-07-13, 01:54
Thanks pal just what I wanted to know

Can't wait to receive the box and get her fired up

You don't happen to know if the following plugins work do you

1. Tsmedia
2. Bbc Iplayer
3. Itv player
4. Possibly on demand

Larry-G
04-07-13, 01:59
1. Tsmedia ( I honeslty have no idea as i have never used it, but i cant see a reason for it not to work ).

2 - 4. OE-Alliance OnDemand to give it it's full name, is built and maintained by the Devs on this very forum so yes it will work with all receivers that run the ViX and OE-Alliance member team images. OnDemand has the BBCi player and ITV player built rite into it, so no need for separate or stand alone versions, which if i'm being honest are usually older versions any way.

abu baniaz
04-07-13, 02:04
TS media works, you want the OE 2.0 version.

reeves1985
04-07-13, 02:10
Great the mrs will be a happy cat now!
That's the only bug bear I have with the nbox being sh4 based etc plugin support is poor and if they do install never work properly

Having a dm800se upstairs tsmedia is a great plugin
Could never quite get the iplayers or on demand plugins to work on that either
So this will be a great addition

Sicilian
05-07-13, 05:14
TSmedia can be installed from the ViX plugin feeds.