PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Still problems playing .mkv files

guff daddy
03-07-13, 23:07
I'm having problems with a number of .mkv files - they will play for a while then suddenly drop the audio completely. Using the seek bar to fast forward about 1 minute restores the audio. The problem is not random - it happens at the same place in the files if you replay them. The files also play OK on the computer, and also are fine with another image, so it is definitely a VIX image problem. I reflashed with the latest version (688) and tested it without restoring any settings and the problem was still happening.

When this audio dropout happens the InfoBar figures indicating time played/time remaining also stop advancing.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas?

Rob van der Does
04-07-13, 05:51
As you flashed the box with build 688 there can only be one reason: you have badly coded files.

Use a program like 'Handbrake' to recode the files, preferably using the h264 codec, and see how you go from there.

guff daddy
04-07-13, 07:51
As you flashed the box with build 688 there can only be one reason: you have badly coded files.

Use a program like 'Handbrake' to recode the files, preferably using the h264 codec, and see how you go from there.

I thought that might be the problem - however how is it that VLC player on my PC and also the BlackHole image v2.03 plays these files perfectly?

Larry-G
04-07-13, 08:22
your PC relies on software based codecs which are not available to you on your receiver, media playback is handled via hardware on your satellite receiver with a little help from the g-streamer plugin, and not software codecs as on a pc.

guff daddy
04-07-13, 08:32
your PC relies on software based codecs which are not available to you on your receiver, media playback is handled via hardware on your satellite receiver with a little help from the g-streamer plugin, and not software codecs as on a pc.

Once again - the current BlackHole image plays the file perfectly.

Rob van der Does
04-07-13, 08:45
Once again - the current BlackHole image plays the file perfectly.
I have no idea.

guff daddy
04-07-13, 08:59
I have no idea.

Fair enough.

I tested on a couple of old VIX 3 backups I had and the problem was still there, however just for fun I tried an older VIX image (v 2.4 build 213) and the file plays perfectly!

The problem only exists on VIX v3.0 images.

I'll just have to live with it I suppose - I had thought it was a recent problem but obviously not...