PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] Crossepg crashes on "Loading"

scottmcroberts
03-07-13, 08:55
Been using XEpgdb providers since I had the box and never really had an issue. Crossepg setup on hard drive. On downloading everything downloads fine, all packages merge and it saves. It then goes to the "Loading" part and loads for 3-4 minutes, unfortunately as it it is nearing the end my box crashes and the EPG is not populated.

I tried this several times last night and same outcome each time.

I FTP'd into hard drive, started a telnet session to stop enigma and deleted the CrossEPG folder and EPG.dat, restarted enigma and tried again, same outcome.

I noticed that there is also a crossepg folder in USR but presumed that this should be there and not to touch anything there.

If I manually access each channel the EPG will start to populate but obviously with over 900 channels to go through it is not very practical.

Running Vix 683

Any ideas guys

Cheers Globespanscott

josh_g
03-07-13, 15:30
what box is it?

scottmcroberts
03-07-13, 15:57
It is the TM-2T, using an external usb HDD

Larry-G
03-07-13, 16:05
Ideally we need the crash logs that correspond with these crashes also have you tried using a USB stick for the EPG ?.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

josh_g
03-07-13, 16:07
As Pheonix says maybe worth trying on a dedicated USB stick.. Also maybe worth a re-flash and start again clean and see how you get on

Rob van der Does
03-07-13, 16:20
The strange thing is: if you set Cross to USB, it will use both HDD and USB simultaneous (if both exist of course) for the Cross-database. If set to HDD, only the HDD will be used.

scottmcroberts
03-07-13, 18:35
Just initialised and mounted a usb and changed epg settings to usb, same problem, also uninstalled crossepg and reinstalled same problem, looks like a clean flash is on it's way, even copeid an epg dat file fom TM-2t upstairs which populated the channels. Tried to download again and it crashed on loading again.

Just sent a crash log to the vix team through the box, the log reference is 1372872823.41

Rob van der Does
03-07-13, 19:14
Just read your log. Question: does PTS work properly for you? What location is it set to?
I hope you have no PTS-plugin installed?

scottmcroberts
03-07-13, 20:00
Hi Rob

I currently have pts disabled as it doesn't work great at all, it slowed down my box and was very tempremental, dont have any time shift plugin installed with the exception of built in VIX. If I pause live tv, it stores on hdd but I don't really do that much either as again it is very tempremental

Rob van der Does
03-07-13, 20:06
Hmm, not sure what's wrong then. Anyway: the crashlog shows a PTS problem.
Best guess is IMHO to flash with your box with build 688 without restoring your settings. Make your settings during the First Install Wizard, install a softcam and no plugins. See how you go from there.

scottmcroberts
03-07-13, 20:24
ok boss will do, the Missus is going to her friends in an hour so will get back to you all then

scottmcroberts
03-07-13, 22:12
Damn, full reflash done without any settings being restored and crashed again on Loading, even tried initialising and remounting the hard drive now. If I download manually from the epg in menu using the yellow button, it worked on UK, created a crossepg folder in HDD but did not create epg.dat. Have also tried initialising another USB flash drive and did the same. hmmmmmmm

Going to give rytec a try and see what happens, most annoying :rolleyes:

scottmcroberts
03-07-13, 22:37
xmltv did not work either, not creating epg.dat

sent through logs that I have, 1372887653.58

^^COMPASS^^
03-07-13, 23:12
If you haven't already,
create a swap file via the vix menu in swap manager

Then run crossepg again

How To Create Swapfile On ViX image

Menu >> Setup >> ViX >> Swap Manager

Blue/Create >>Green/Activate >> Yellow/Autostart.

Larry-G
04-07-13, 01:49
a swap file should not be needed for use with a TM-2T as it already has more than sufficient flash, in fact using a swap file when not needed can even slow the receiver down rather than speeding it up.

I will be re-flashing my TM's tomorrow sometime and i'll post back if i have any problems but barring the infamous recordings issue my TM's work really well and have never had a issue with CrossEPG using a internal HDD or mounted USB stick.

Rob van der Does
04-07-13, 05:45
As has been explained many times: epg.dat is only written on stopping E2 and read on starting E2. As long as E2 is alive all epg-data is in RAM.
So what you see is expected behaviour.
You can also force epg.dat to be written by saving manually via the EPG-menu.

scottmcroberts
04-07-13, 10:59
a swap file should not be needed for use with a TM-2T as it already has more than sufficient flash, in fact using a swap file when not needed can even slow the receiver down rather than speeding it up.

I will be re-flashing my TM's tomorrow sometime and i'll post back if i have any problems but barring the infamous recordings issue my TM's work really well and have never had a issue with CrossEPG using a internal HDD or mounted USB stick.

Thanks Pheonix, will look forward to your response

scottmcroberts
04-07-13, 21:20
well last night I copied an epg.dat file from tm-2t upstairs, I then downloaded each Provider manually individually using yellow button, all epg populated. Brilliant, even after having to do a hard reset earlier (tm-2t trying to access a recording, comes up -1036 minutes problem) and on reboot epg was still there, tonight I have downloaded epg again using extension blue button and everything has worked great.

Looks as if problem is resolved.

If I can get PTS and recording problems fixed I will be laughing, cheers everybody

Larry-G
04-07-13, 22:05
well last night I copied an epg.dat file from tm-2t upstairs, I then downloaded each Provider manually individually using yellow button, all epg populated. Brilliant, even after having to do a hard reset earlier (tm-2t trying to access a recording, comes up -1036 minutes problem) and on reboot epg was still there, tonight I have downloaded epg again using extension blue button and everything has worked great.

Looks as if problem is resolved.

If I can get PTS and recording problems fixed I will be laughing, cheers everybody

well i setup my Twin and 2T on build 688 with the usual configuration. ( CCcam 2.2.1, OnDemand and thats about it ) and all is working fine including the EPG ( still a few issues with recordings though but there down to the TM drivers ).

scottmcroberts
04-07-13, 22:21
it must have thrown a little wobbly with regards to EPG, the recording problem is quite bad, the wife wants me to start using sly again as everytime she goes to put on her emmerdale or whatever, spinning vix appears, numbers of length of program go huge numbers, and then a message comes up about a message about transponder pat, movie then plays but is unwatchable and then box comes up with error. Hard reset the machine and then boom works without error perfect viewing... anyway I digress and this is way off topic, apologies about that