PDA

View Full Version : Small VU+ Duo2 teaser :p

Sicilian
03-07-13, 05:18
Just a couple of pics with the colour LCD setup and running. Note it must use LCD4Linux plugin to operate. Specific Duo2 plugin will be in the feeds.

I'll put together a small guide hot to setup the basics in LCD4Linux in coming days.

Sorry about quality, taken on iphone.

chaser
03-07-13, 20:28
That looks quite cool. I didn't realise the VFD was graphical like the Ultimo. The earlier promo photos made the VFD look like it was text based only - similar to the Duo / Solo2.

Can you use different Picons for the box LCD display and on screen EPG display, or will both use the same Picon set? I currently use nephilim picons for my epg, but I'm not sure good they'll look on the LCD display.

superfly
03-07-13, 22:30
Hi!

Can you use the screen to go through the Duo2 menus, play mp3s, internet radio with the TV off?

Thanks in advance!

Ferdie

Sicilian
04-07-13, 05:19
Hi!

Can you use the screen to go through the Duo2 menus, play mp3s, internet radio with the TV off?

Thanks in advance!

Ferdie

Not the colour LCD, no. The middle VFD it could be possible, would need to check.

dfdream
04-07-13, 07:02
Any photos of what the new remotes for the DUO2 will look like.

Don't see any anywhere.

Thanks

Sicilian
04-07-13, 07:19
Any photos of what the new remotes for the DUO2 will look like.

Don't see any anywhere.

Thanks

Here you go.

Rob van der Does
04-07-13, 07:35
In the attached brochure you see a good picture of the new R/C.

superfly
04-07-13, 12:01
I'd appreciate it!!

superfly
04-07-13, 13:24
Not the colour LCD, no. The middle VFD it could be possible, would need to check.

I'd appreciate it!

praun
23-07-13, 08:32
Just a couple of pics with the colour LCD setup and running. Note it must use LCD4Linux plugin to operate. Specific Duo2 plugin will be in the feeds.

I'll put together a small guide hot to setup the basics in LCD4Linux in coming days.

Sorry about quality, taken on iphone.

Looks great!

But can one of the displays be turned off?

kind of silly having two displays ligting up the living room maybe even displaying the same info...

Rob van der Does
23-07-13, 08:56
The LCD can display whatever you setup in the plugin. So there's no need for double info.

zoro25
23-07-13, 09:28
From the thread title I thought there was a new model of Duo2 which was smaller than current :-)

In answer to the question about using differing picon packs. Yes the picon is just an image and the LCD4Linux config points to your Picon folder so in theory you could use any pack you want.
I don't have a DUO2 yet so I can't test this.