PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue HD800UE] Crashed,then constant loop,now not booting?

olly
02-07-13, 19:50
Hi all,i change a setting on the gigablue ue 800,to unstable update and restarted the box,ever since i keep getting a software problem about memory and would just keep restarting on a loop with the same error log.

so i reflashed the latest image left for 30 mins,as it states the box will reboot itself,nothing happened just red light on box,and gigablue across the screen on lcd with openvix on black background after it had finished flashing.?

At this stage should the blue vix screen be showing?,as it did not i thought perhaps the bootloader was the problem and also tried to reflash this also,then image again,but still after 40 mins no luck,screens are still the same....anyone know whats happened or is it bricked and no solution?

olly
03-07-13, 12:11
Hi all, Surely someone could point me in the right direction please.Can the usb stick be the problem why its not booting after the image has flashed,the same intergral usb stick is fine with the vu solo to flash? cheers olly

BubbleBalls
03-07-13, 13:10
There's no harm in trying another stick. I have two USB sticks that do not work on my Duo so may be the same on your box?

And try flashing with only the power cable attached - this, for reasons I do not know, worked some time ago when I had an issue with my Duo. It may have been coincidental!!!!!!

Tapatalker

olly
03-07-13, 13:21
Just about to try another stick now,does the burn.bat file have to be also flashed with the boatloader,as i have read a few post in google search about its not being needed,im using the one dated 31/08/12? cheers

Sicilian
03-07-13, 13:27
Why are you flashing the bootloader?

All you need to do is a fresh image flash.

olly
03-07-13, 14:28
I tried boot loader as a fresh flash of the image did nothing.its showing as flashing,as the display tells me after pressing ok and lights changing colour,but on flashing both boatloader first the box does not restart on its own,same with image also.
The crash was something to do about memory on last line of log that I seen on screen,and now the box just is not starting no matter what I have tried.

BubbleBalls
03-07-13, 15:35
Can you filezilla into the box? Is the crashlog being created on hdd?

Tapatalker

olly
03-07-13, 16:30
hi no hdd just usb stick was my storage.
Got it to flash used build 600,but i did notice that the lcd screen on the ue does not tell you its loading (i mean restarting)and screen goes black,with red light,but this did not work when i tried two of the newer builds...
At least im back into vix and can try and retrieve all my backups,cheers olly