PDA

View Full Version : Help with picons

MaD_FOr_iT
01-07-13, 16:30
Hi iam new to picons and i carnt get them to work , i have made a folder called picon on my hdd set options on the vix img for service and picon but they still not work , i carnt see the option in skin setup to set my picon path? iam using vix 6.5 on gigablue hd800se

Mr. Mister
01-07-13, 16:43
There is no Vix 6.5..

I would not put the picons on an hdd.. The reason is that your hdd will have to spin up each time you change channel.. therfore.. meaning that it will take 3-5 seconds for your channel to change..

Just download who ever picons you want to use.. Rename the folder "picon" .. if its not already called that..

Then just ftp to the root dir of your 800UE..

Reboot the box.. now picons will show..

Or if you want to put them to usb pen.. just ftp the "picons" folder with the picons in it.. to media > usb and again reboot the box..

MaD_FOr_iT
01-07-13, 23:24
k thanks i had it on my hdd before but i think i was using a difrent skin and that had the option to set picon path, plus not sure on the size of my flash i have to look into it

RichyG
02-07-13, 08:36
[QUOTE=I would not put the picons on an hdd.. The reason is that your hdd will have to spin up each time you change channel.. therfore.. meaning that it will take 3-5 seconds for your channel to change..QUOTE]

Thanks for that info, I wondered why my channel change was slow to respond, now I know the reason why