PDA

View Full Version : [TM-2T] New Drivers

RL73
30-06-13, 08:49
Have the recoding issues been fixed within the latest image? Have new drivers from TM been included in the image or are you still on Feb' drivers. Thanks.

Larry-G
30-06-13, 08:53
The recording issues are nothing to do with the image but driver related, as for which drivers are currently in the image, to be honest i'm not sure as i'm not near a receiver to check but it's literally a two minute job to flash the image and check for your self, or read the changelogs for details.

RL73
30-06-13, 09:04
Thanks. Can I re-phrase then. Are there still problems with recordings? I understand that it is a driver issue.

abu baniaz
30-06-13, 20:39
The 20130603 drivers are included in the latest VIX images.

Lets turn your question on its head......
Are you still experiencing the recording issue?
What image and number are you using?
What drivers date date does teh iimage give you on the info page?

Armpit1UK
04-07-13, 21:18
After updating this evening to Vix 688, all the lights on my TM-2T front display light up and have stayed on? It looks like the drivers have updated. Is it a known issue? Sorry if already posted.

abu baniaz
04-07-13, 22:18
Yes, it is a known issue.

20130614 drivers in use now.

scottmcroberts
06-07-13, 10:49
Just to carry on from this obviously the recording problem is a drivers issue as is the xmas tree light son the front panel but does everyone have the same as me with regards to recording.

Here we go, my recordings record great, unfortunately qutie often when I go to access them (on both hard drive and network hard drive) the spinning vix appears a few seconds later the info bar appears but the program length will say -1036 minutes or similar to that. Sometimes it will then play but is very jumpy and blocky. If I then hard reset my tm-2t. I can then access the recording without any questions and watch without any problem.

Rob van der Does
06-07-13, 11:00
So they don't 'record great' at all.......
This is really a serious recording bug.

scottmcroberts
06-07-13, 11:16
To be fair you are correct Rob :p, what I mean is the recordings do actually work, just a complete pain that I have to reset machine, does everybody else's behave in the same way?

andyblac
08-07-13, 16:31
TM are working hard on these issues, please be patient with them.

RL73
08-07-13, 17:01
TM are working hard on these issues, please be patient with them.
This issue has been around since I bought the box in Jan. I don't see any other boxes with recording issues. Absolute disgrace. Just doesn't cut it any more. Would never buy a TM again and would recommend that others don't either.

Have tried the latest VIX and the 4d with the newest drivers and must say the 4d is much better in my experience. 4d still fails but 1 in 20ish. The best i have seen since Jan.

Larry-G
08-07-13, 17:10
There are many images out there for you to try most of which like ViX are produced by amateur groups who work totally for free in their own time, if one does not suit your needs, try another until you find one that does. It is worth pointing out however that no image team has control over driver related issues.

Personally i really like my 2T it's a great receiver but sadly let down by drivers.

scottmcroberts
08-07-13, 17:26
I have to agree with Phoenix, I think the 2t is a great box with the exception of the drivers issue, if TM can get that nailed, the box packs a heck of a punch for the money.

here's hoping