PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Box Crashes after skin install

trapex
29-06-13, 09:36
Hi,

I've been using Vix Teams images for a while now with no problems until the other day when I installed the latest Catseye E2 Settings. This caused all my bouquets to be greyed out and unable to select channels.

I then decided to do a fresh install of the latest Vix image from this site and set about getting the box back to how it was. My first process after the installed is to get the them I was using before which I think is MagicHD. Now as soon as I install this and restart the box it goes into and endless loop on the blue winter screen with the vix logo flashing.

I have also tried restoring from a backup but the backups never seem to be the theme I was using before. It turns out now ANY theme I select causes the box to crash the same way.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? I have never had a problem with themes before.

Dale

Larry-G
29-06-13, 09:40
we would really need to know more info such as,

exactly what image build and skin your using ?
where you sourced the skin from?
what plugins you have installed, be they manually installed or from the feeds ?.
and most importantly we would need the crash logs generated by these crashes.

trapex
29-06-13, 09:54
Hi Thanks for the reply,

Now you have said that I have just realised I was flashing the Vix Image off the first page which I think is 3.0 Build 204, I will try installing 339 from the site and then doing the updates to the latest build before installing the skin to see how that goes.

How to I find the crash logs?

Thanks
Dale

Larry-G
29-06-13, 09:56
build 339 is still way to low a build to be able to update online to the latest build without causing problems.

go to www.openvix.co.uk, download the newest build there and use that.

trapex
29-06-13, 09:58
Oh right ok, downloading 683 now then, I'll get back to you....thank you.....

trapex
29-06-13, 10:29
Ok, That has worked,

Downloaded 683 from openvix, restored from my backup then done the latest online update.

I am now going to try what I originally wanted to do before the problems started and install the latest catseye settings.

Thanks for your help.
Dale

Larry-G
29-06-13, 10:36
if the problems resurface try a again but without restoring yout settings backup, instead setup from scratch.

trapex
29-06-13, 10:45
All sorted, there was another Cateseye update since the one I tried too so all is working fine now

Thanks again.