PDA

View Full Version : cant download plugin list!

moogwai
28-06-13, 18:04
hi guys,

i'm trying to download the plug in list as I read somewhere about a catch up tv plugin.....but when I try its coming up with "server is down for maintainence" but its been like that for weeks!!! am I doin something wrong? im using vix 2.3.

Larry-G
28-06-13, 18:08
ViX 2.3 is ancient and no longer supported, the OnDemand plugins were not created for this image, you would be best served updating to a more modern image such as ViX 3.0.

moogwai
28-06-13, 18:13
pmsl......wow....didn't even know about vix 3.0.....shows how good the images are as I only come on here when I have a problem!!! thanks for the info will install it later. I take it its a full re-flash.

Larry-G
28-06-13, 18:16
yes its a full reflash, you may also need to update the bootloader but thats the exact same process as flashing the image. do not restore any settings from ViX 2.3 to ViX 3.0 as this will cause problems.

you can get the image and bootloader from www.openvix.co.uk

moogwai
28-06-13, 18:19
thanks phoenix.....its been a while since ive done a re-flash....expect questions later (but hopefully not) :)

Larry-G
28-06-13, 18:21
thanks phoenix.....its been a while since ive done a re-flash....expect questions later (but hopefully not) :)

have a read of this, it should help you.

How to flash a Vu+ Duo
Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3-How-to-flash-a-VU-Duo-using-a-USB-stick&p=3&viewfull=1#post3)

moogwai
28-06-13, 21:26
done it in 5 mins!!!! I love this box.......still!