Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Tkr001
27-06-13, 22:16

Thats nice, hope you enjoy them :)

garryboy
27-06-13, 22:52
Lol dont no where my post has gone.

I was looking for a guide to networking the 2 boxes together. So I can watch my duos recordings on my xp1000.

They both have vix both at the latest build 685.

Both are connected to home wifi.

Cheers

Larry-G
27-06-13, 23:05
very easily done.

on the xp1000.

menu> setup> system> network> NFS setup ( click ok to install ), the receiver will reboot as part of the install process.

when the box has booted backup.

menu> setup> system> network> mounts setup> network browser ( the xp1000 will scan the network for other devices available ), when this is complete highlight the one you want to mount ( vuduo) and press ok.

scroll down to harddisc and press ok.
you should see a nag screen with "do you want to enter a username and password for this host ?" select no.
on the next screen press the green button to save ( dont edit any thing here, just leave the defaults ) if the mount is successful the harddisc icon will be green instead of a red cross next to it.

thats it your duo hdd is now mounted to the xp1000.

( you may also need to install NFS on the duo too so do this first ).

tomthebomb1968
27-06-13, 23:42
You may struggle to stream HD recording via the wifi, I did. I changed to homeplugs and near perfect since.

Maybe my BT homeub3 is just pants though :D

duoduo
28-06-13, 06:43
Great tut phoenix, thanks. Can you also stream live tv from one box to the other? I think i may invest in the duo2 and move my duo to my bedroom, however there is no satellite connection in there.

Larry-G
28-06-13, 06:49
Great tut phoenix, thanks. Can you also stream live tv from one box to the other? I think i may invest in the duo2 and move my duo to my bedroom, however there is no satellite connection in there.

yes you can using the remote channel stream convert plugin from the feeds.

garryboy
28-06-13, 14:40
Thanks phoenix for the great instructions.

Yeh im having trouble streaming the hd via wifi. So il need to invest in some home plugs and replace the wifi.

Thanks again for help

Larry-G
28-06-13, 17:28
ok guys i have created a tutorial for network mounts, this should hopefully be of use to you and others.

Network Mounts the easy way with ViX 3.0.
Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29584-Network-Mounts-the-easy-way-with-ViX-3-0&p=222079#post222079)

garryboy
30-06-13, 16:54
Ive managed to get it working but when I scanned for the duo it did not find it. It said no devices found.

Instead I put the ip address of the duo in using expert option. It found it no bother and I mounted the hd that way.

Any thoughts on why it did not find it in scan.

I also got some homeplugs so now can watch flawless hd