PDA

View Full Version : vix 2.4 required

clem58
26-06-13, 23:14
I have spent the last few day trying to locate vix 2.4 from about this time last yr. 1 or 2 forum members have directed to a vix list but that doesn't take me back any further than January this yr. Can anyone point it at me, I on the verge of giving up.

smoggy
26-06-13, 23:22
is this what you are looking for http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18172-New-VIX-Image-Vu-Uno-Version-2-4-15-05-2012

shanethegooner
26-06-13, 23:30
May I ask why you want to use 2.4?

Just curious. :)

Larry-G
26-06-13, 23:31
be aware that we can not provide any real form of support for ViX 2.4 as the build git no longer exists, so if you run into bugs your pretty much on your own as we cant issue bug fixes etc.

clem58
26-06-13, 23:53
Scary bit about the bugs, as for the q about vix 2.4 and why. I am very happy with my duo a year after buying it. I have spent a bit of time installing removing things and a lot of " how would this work". Anyway, someone has told me I have set my duo up as a server ( thing I no nothing about), if i have, I have no idea how I did it nor do I know how to undo it. I cannot find a soul who will tell me what to look for or how to undo what I did ( if at all I did). This q cropped up because I wanted to stream to my duo. I have probably broken a rule by discussing it, but you asked. And also I am told only way to remove this is by flashing with vix 2.4. :)

Larry-G
27-06-13, 00:00
I'm not really sure what advice you have been given but frankly it sounds like a crock of ( well you can fill in the gaps ).

so please start from the beginning,
what are you trying to achieve ? and what is happening now ?.

BubbleBalls
27-06-13, 00:02
You have been badly advised. A fresh flash of Vix 2.4 or the current 3.83 will reset your box to a similar state, but 3.83 will have more benefits and of course support.

Tapatalker

BubbleBalls
27-06-13, 00:05
I'm not really sure what advice you have been given but frankly it sounds like a crock of ( well you can fill in the gaps ).

so please start from the beginning,
what are you trying to achieve ? and what is happening now ?.

You said it better😀

Tapatalker

clem58
27-06-13, 00:34
Thanks guys, someone opened software manager spied Mbox.sh and told me that was server setup. Box works great, only thing that annoys me is when I installed ondemand plugin the box started giving errors. I will install latest image and hopefully that will put me at ease. Thanks guys should have asked here in first place. Thank you again.:thumbsup:

BubbleBalls
27-06-13, 00:41
To be sure of a clean flash don't do a restore with the new image.

Tapatalker

BubbleBalls
27-06-13, 00:45
You may not need a flash at all. Follow Phoenix questions. He knows a tonne more than I do.
Sorry for jumping in there Phoenix.

Tapatalker