PDA

View Full Version : sundtek dvb-t/c usb -- full instructions for adding to vu+

irishchris
10-10-10, 23:12
hi

on sundtek's website they have a full guide to adding dvbt/c support to the vu including startup scripts. would it bee possible to add this to vix as a extension driver or to next vix image?

re: http://support.sundtek.com/index.php/topic,337.0.html

cheers

Sicilian
11-10-10, 06:10
Problem we'd have is none of us have this tuner for testing and I can't even find a UK or European seller. Anyone got one that they could donate to the team? :)

Anyone have a link where to buy one of these?

yngvekl
11-10-10, 06:39
For those interested in bying one:

http://shop.sundtek.com/

I think it's awfully expensive...

irishchris
11-10-10, 10:04
just purchased one here from sundtek.de should have it in few days. not that expensive when you conside it is both dvb-c and dvb-t tuner so in effect doubles the tuners in the vu+. so the vu+ duo become vu+ quatro :p

Sicilian
11-10-10, 10:10
just purchased one here from sundtek.de should have it in few days. not that expensive when you conside it is both dvb-c and dvb-t tuner so in effect doubles the tuners in the vu+. so the vu+ duo become vu+ quatro :p

I'm assuming your going to test this with VTI image. Please post back a report on how well or bad it works. I'd like to here some feedback and if there's and audio sync issues etc...

bassethound
11-10-10, 10:38
Here is one fitted inside a VU+ Duo

irishchris
11-10-10, 10:45
i saw that tuner fitted on their website - looks quite tidy. i have vix image in box at mo and REALLY do not want to change it but will change temporarily to vti or pli to test it out. but will reinstall vix in hope it will be added there. i will of course post results of how well it works in the vu+ here and of any freezing etc.

Sicilian
11-10-10, 10:53
Once I get your feedback I'll consider buying a couple of these for the team. I'd be interested to hear if theres any audio sync issues. The DE image suffered badly with audio sync using DVB-T.

irishchris
11-10-10, 11:01
will let you know later in week about its performance - would be great if you and the team could look at it as is reported it does not need i2c so is no prob using on vu+ unlike other usb tuners which require it. i also had terrible audio sync problems using dreamelite and dvb-t using a hauppage wintv novat stick. fingers crossed is not same with this one :)

totti240282
11-10-10, 20:04
for another pen drivers dtt ???

superplakis
11-10-10, 20:23
avermedia volar black hd? :(

irishchris
11-10-10, 22:56
other usb dvbt tuners are not supported on any oe1.6 image that us why i had to reluctantly get rid of my hauppage wintv and replace with the sundtek which is supported by the makers for linux systems including vu+.

micscave
12-10-10, 00:59
I've just been having a look on the sundtek website and came across this Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate (DVB-S/S2) USB tuner stick found here

http://sundtek.com/shop/Digital-TV-Sticks-oxid/Sundtek-SkyTV-Ultimate-DVB-S/S2.html

In the info it has a list of a few supported devices with the Dreambox 800 being one of them.
So does this mean the Vu+ duo might be able to use it also ?

Many thanks

micscave
12-10-10, 01:07
I've just sent them an e-mail & i'll keep you posted.

micscave
12-10-10, 17:59
Howdo all
I have had a reply from sundtek today, this is what it says

> I would like to know if this product would work with the Vu+ Duo ?
>
>

we haven't tested yet but we're in contact with VU+ because they want to support our USB dongles.
We already have dedicated support for our USB DVB-C/T Sticks in the VTI Image, I'm 100% sure
DVB-S/S2 will work too with it - just a matter of time first we need to do some testing afterwards we can get back to VU+.
Our DVB-S/S2 dongles just rolled out of the factory, first shipping will happen on 13th Oct 2010.

Best Regards,
Markus

All sounds very positive to me that does, fingers crossed eh ?

Zapp
12-10-10, 23:46
So I reckon USB DVB-C/T Stick is officially supported in the VTI Image :-) A bit expensive, but it's something!

And what about that other DVB-S/S2 thingy? does it mean that we can add, say, a USB hub and have 2 more independent feeds? Meaning that with unicable support (VU+ duo has it) we can record a (virtually) unlimited number of simultaneous programs, having covered the 4 existing combinations of band/polarization? That would be a bit crazy, but neat! At least theoretically ....