PDA

View Full Version : 'Timeshift not possible' message after reboot plus crash loop.

kanwar
25-06-13, 23:37
Hi everyone,

Apologies for my previous conduct. I will try not to break any rules now.

I am having a problem with my TM-2T with VIX image 683.

Timeshift itself works but soon seems to start causing problems. A message appears after turning Timeshift on and having rebooted saying 'Timeshift not possible' with a red cross. Is this normal?

Today what happened was that the box crashed (with spinning vix logo) when trying to stop a movie playing from 'list'. I had to manually turn the box off. When I turned the box on it kept rebooting and went into a loop effectively. This loop made about 5 reboot happen before it recovered.

Logfiles were there (black screen) but system/logs is empty!

Does anyone know what the issue is and how I can avoid this in future and make my box generally more stable?

Thank you.

Larry-G
25-06-13, 23:41
I find it best to set the USB as the default location for crash / debug logs, this way if you do suffer a crash or need to reflash the receiver you dont loose those logs, sadly without logs there is very little we can do to find out whats going on with your setup.

Larry-G
25-06-13, 23:43
also try looking in /home/root/logs as this is the default location in the ViX image.

Rob van der Does
26-06-13, 04:57
I am having a problem with my TM-2T with VIX image 683.

Timeshift itself works but soon seems to start causing problems. A message appears after turning Timeshift on and having rebooted saying 'Timeshift not possible' with a red cross. Is this normal?
On what kind of channels does this happen? On DVB-S/C/T or when streaming (e.g. from another box)?

duoduo
26-06-13, 07:41
Does anyone have an answer re timeshift issue above.
I get the save message everytime i switch the box on. Ts does still work perfectly.

Rob van der Does
26-06-13, 08:19
Does anyone have an answer re timeshift issue above.
I get the save message everytime i switch the box on. Ts does still work perfectly.
Yes it was just above your posting .......

On what kind of channels does this happen? On DVB-S/C/T or when streaming (e.g. from another box)?

kanwar
26-06-13, 16:59
It happens on the DVB.

Larry-G
26-06-13, 17:06
is the device your time shifting to formatted correctly ?.

kanwar
27-06-13, 01:25
Hi, Yes it is correctly formatted. I have initialized and formatted to be sure.

I am trying TS with USB drive now.

Can you set how long the TS should run (before starting again). Perhaps this could be part of the problem if space fills up?

josh_g
27-06-13, 10:29
i am having the exact same issue with my TS on my TM-Twin i just turned it off in the end because it was doing my head in!

my problem occurred if my box froze and then restarted it from the rocker switch at the back. the USB would not be reconised and would have to unplug plug back in a few times to get it working, once mounted correctly i would still get the TS error

ronand
27-06-13, 11:39
You may get the "timeshift not possible" error after startup before the tuner locks on. As soon as you get a picture timeshift will actually start so its not actually a problem. The message can also appear when changing between satellites.

josh_g
27-06-13, 11:42
im on fixed dish for sky channels and get the error when changing channel clear message then change channel and it comes back -_-

ronand
27-06-13, 11:45
Try changing the delay in timeshift start - make it longer

josh_g
27-06-13, 11:49
i'll give it a go tonight and let you know ;)

BubbleBalls
27-06-13, 12:16
Ye, I get "Not Possible" warning on hard reset or GUI restart (just before channel is locked as you say), but not on zapping. Think it's set to 4 seconds. TS works as it should on GB Quad.

Tapatalker

mkhan
27-06-13, 14:22
I'm getting the Timeshift not available message on the Twin-oe occasionally when zapping also there is a big problem with recording it sometimes fails or records the program with no audio.

I'm using the latest Vix image.

nipperlocko
27-06-13, 17:20
I`m still using build 385 and works absolutely flawlessly on my tm-twin oe, I`ve tried lots of other builds and always go back to 385 and have left it like this since xmas