PDA

View Full Version : Official VU+ Image to solve recording problem?

CS10
25-06-13, 22:13
Guys, I'm thinking of flashing my solo2 box to the latest office image from the vuplus website.

I'm a little confused though...

Do I go for a 1.6 image (latest file in there is from 23/06), or do I go for a 2.1 image (latest file in there is from yesterday 24/06).

What difference will it make?

I think the issue with my box is when it starts recording an encrypted channel from standby, it just doesn't work. I'm using latest Vix build.

I set a timer for Defiance on Syfy HD tonight, was due to start at 20.57 (my 3 minute buffer at start of program).

At 21.03 I turned the box on, and then it started recording from that point.
I then put the box on standby and it stopped again decoding the channel again, I left it 15 minutes, turned the box back on and then when playing the file, it plays 3 minutes, then skips to 15 minutes later where I turned the box back on. Very strange.

What are the recording type options? Is this something that might help - there's normal, descramble and record ecm, and another one. Mine is set to normal.

Any advise much appreciated.

Trial
26-06-13, 07:20
Hi,
I never had a problem like this with my Solo2. Which softcam&card do you use?

If you want to try an OI I would suggest 2.1 because it contains Python 2.7 whereas 1.6 only Python 2.6 has. Python 2.7 means that you have less/no trouble using new plugins.

ciao

Rob van der Does
26-06-13, 07:28
And the recording option 'normal' (i.e. the default value) should normally be chosen.

Trial
26-06-13, 07:36
Hi,

And the recording option 'normal' (i.e. the default value) should normally be chosen.
correct I never changed that option.

ciao

Larry-G
26-06-13, 08:02
same here, i have never edited my recording options, i always leave them at their defaults and they work perfectly for me.

CS10
26-06-13, 08:31
Cheers Guys,
Will have a 'fiddle' tonight so to speak