PDA

View Full Version : Signal issue

satsatsat
25-06-13, 10:28
using vu solo 2....when i record on tuner A and have tuner B on loopthrough....i cannot seem to watch any of the channels
that i then go to which are part of the same package.....the signal on tuner A will be say 90 per cent but none of the other channels
have a signal on tuner B of over about 15 per cent
is there a reason for this? with my Vu duo and DM800HD i never had this problem

Tkr001
25-06-13, 10:41
Yes you should have your sat connection to tuner B and set tuner A to loop through to tuner B. it's the opposite way round to a duo.

vuesolo
25-06-13, 11:06
Is 'Loop Through' better than using 'Equal To'

pooface
25-06-13, 11:41
Do you actually have 1 feed going in to box, or 2? If just one feed, then use loop through. If 2 feeds, and it is equal to, then use equal to...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

vuesolo
25-06-13, 12:00
Do you actually have 1 feed going in to box, or 2? If just one feed, then use loop through. If 2 feeds, and it is equal to, then use equal to...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I have 2 feeds going into solo2 box. A standard sky had twin shotgun cable. So I'll leave the setting as equal to then. Cheers

Rob van der Does
25-06-13, 12:17
Better then 'equal to' (which can cause problems) is make a complete setup for both tuners.

vuesolo
25-06-13, 15:09
Better then 'equal to' (which can cause problems) is make a complete setup for both tuners.

Ok will give it a try tonight. Cheers

Sirius
25-06-13, 16:25
If two feeds set like this
Tuner A
Simple
Single
28.2E

Tuner B
Simple
Single
28.2E

vuesolo
25-06-13, 20:05
If two feeds set like this
Tuner A
Simple
Single
28.2E

Tuner B
Simple
Single
28.2E

Ok done. Cheers

yana
07-07-13, 13:13

Hi Rob just to clarify does that mean putting in usals for both tuners? and would your preferred tuner setting be automatic or fixed to either a/b.

Rob van der Does
07-07-13, 14:17
Hi Rob just to clarify does that mean putting in usals for both tuners?
Not sure about your setup; but if using a motor and a twin LNB that would mean 'second cable from motor' for tuner B (or 'loopthrough' if the motorised LNB is a single one).

And would your preferred tuner setting be automatic or fixed to either a/b.
Preferred tuner should always be set to 'Auto'.

yana
07-07-13, 15:33
Not sure about your setup; but if using a motor and a twin LNB that would mean 'second cable from motor' for tuner B (or 'loopthrough' if the motorised LNB is a single one).

Preferred tuner should always be set to 'Auto'.

many thanks quick reply. i do have it set as second cable from motor. Have quad lnb with 2 cables motorised. I just was confused with some of the comments above and wondered whether my setting was wrong