PDA

View Full Version : No signal on HDMI

Dr.Dream
09-04-10, 17:38
I have this problem
I dont get picture on HDMI and when i install official image i dont have option for DVI
Is there any solution that you have to sugest me cause i buy it from England and i have to send it there for replacement

Thank you in advance

bobonthejob
09-04-10, 17:39
What make model tv do you have? There have been some issues with TV's.

Dr.Dream
09-04-10, 17:42
i have LG 37" 3000 and with my other boxes plays very good(Dm 500HD/Dm 8000HD/QboxHD/Coolstream HD1)

Twigman
09-04-10, 18:21
What make model tv do you have? There have been some issues with TV's.

eeek ... i hope I'll be OK Samsung UE44440B7020 here

Sicilian
09-04-10, 18:26
When using original image you need to install advanced video mode plugin from addons menu. Nothing to do with the make of the TV. On all other images this is pre-installed. Flash it with with OpenPLi, Dream Elite or a VTI image.

bobonthejob
09-04-10, 18:27
My bad....sorry... :)

Dr.Dream
09-04-10, 19:42
i have try all images and i have the same problem with all
i remember that when i first take the box i have seen from HDMI but im not sure

I will try again and report here

grtmoby
09-04-10, 22:00
sorry to say this but just a may be, is the hdmi cable the same you are using with the other boxes. Can you try another cable if sure all settings are correct.

Dr.Dream
10-04-10, 06:52
sorry to say this but just a may be, is the hdmi cable the same you are using with the other boxes. Can you try another cable if sure all settings are correct.

I have try 3 diferent cables and two diferent TV and its the same problem
I will contact my seller and see what we do
Thank you all

Sicilian
10-04-10, 07:14
Which image are you currently using?
Can you post what your settings are in System > Setup > A/V settings
Have made sure you've switched you TV to the correct HDMI input?

Dr.Dream
27-04-10, 08:28
Im using VTi latest image right now and here are my A/V settings
DVI
720p
multi
just scale
just scale
no
yes

My tv have 2 HDMI inputs and i try them bouth with same result
Any other sugestion?

Thank you

Sicilian
27-04-10, 08:53
Try changing the first to HDMI using left/right buttons on remote.

Dr.Dream
27-04-10, 09:00
there is no HDMI option on first
just this
DVI
DVI-PC
YPbPr
SCART
Only this are the options there

Sicilian
27-04-10, 09:05
Please test the following: -

Flash with latest OpenPLi making sure that after flashing the TV is switched to the correct HDMI channel that the receiver is connected too. Just after re-boot you will go through a setup wizard, make sure you select HDMI, then 720 or 1080 depending on your TV.

Dr.Dream
04-05-10, 09:22
Thank you all for the help but nothink happens all this time
I have try everythink and all options and still dont have HDMI signal.
I have to stay with it cause from the shop that i buy it the cant replace it

Im open to other sugestions if someone think anythink to help

Regards

Dr.Dream
04-05-10, 09:47
update
when i try to flash the box and i have connected the HDMI cable,the reciever wont start and stays with red light on front panel and only when i remove the cable starts
But again with no HDMI signal

Sicilian
04-05-10, 09:49
Have you tried a different HDMI cable and a different HDMI port on the TV?

Dr.Dream
04-05-10, 10:01
Have you tried a different HDMI cable and a different HDMI port on the TV?

yes i have try all possible options
and just now i try to close box and restart it again with HDMI cable connected and the box wont start and stays with red light on front panel
When i remove the cable the box starts normaly with the boot

Dr.Dream
04-05-10, 13:42
the solution for the moment is to connect the box with component as i see there is the same quality of picture but no sound so i have to connect sound from reciever.
I will keep it that way for the moment

satmanbasil
04-05-10, 14:02
Hi mates

I have been reading the postings on this subject, when i was sorting out my network problems yesterday i must admit i connected my vu+ via hdmi to my philips HD ready tv and could not get any pictures on both HDMI channels in the image i had used DVI 720 setting without any picture so resorted to using scart for testing. However I did reconnect to my pure HD TV also a philips after and HDMI was working, So my question is coulkd this problem be related to first generation (HD Ready) tv sets or is it something to do which what is term "HD Handshake" sometimes when sky play about with the epg or software upgrade it throws a wobbley and the tv does not see the hdmi signal.

regards
satmanbasil

PS maybe with your problem you should think of dropping a message to the image developers to see if anything can be done to make sure the image can open both HD and HDready hdmi.

Dr.Dream
04-05-10, 14:26
i have test anythink and the thing is that now i have 2nd vu+ with the same image on flash same TV set same HDMI cable and works perfect
So the solution for me is to have one box with component and my 2nd one with HDMI
After all this i have the result that was hardware problem but as i see no diferense from HDMI to component all good for me

helios
04-05-10, 16:08
send him back , and ask for them to replace the reciever .....

Maverick120
15-05-10, 19:52
Hi i've just had the same problem, check that the cable is fully pushed in. I thought mine was but gave it a bloody good shove and it clunked and voila , picture, I had already tried 2 different leads with no success

Likvid
15-05-10, 20:34
Is HDCP enabled in Enigma2 for Vu+ duo? otherwise it could be handshaking problems with your TV.

oneforall
26-05-10, 18:27
That did the trick for me!
Make sure that no part of the metal connector is visible (maybe only 2-3 millimeters, but not more)

bob1
26-05-10, 20:55
I had the same thing with the lead ,its a tight fit ,the one from my plasma fell in and at that point i realized the lead supplied wasn't being fully inserted.