PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] MKV movie stops suddenly

malaj
24-06-13, 20:29
Hello, after I updated the firmware to the latest for about 2 week ago (don`t remember), then my VU+ Uno just stop 10 min. in the movie (mkv) by showing left upper corner the "VIX" icon. I must restart movie, then 10 min. after same problem. Do you maybe know what the problem can be? Please help....

Rob van der Does
25-06-13, 05:05
Not sure what's going on but reflashing your box might help.

malaj
25-06-13, 20:40
Thanks I will do it :)

satmanbasil
25-06-13, 20:50
Hi

Has any of the team looked at the behavour of mkv movie files withing the image example last night i rebooted the receiver before running a mkv movie as previous problems getting them to work... movie started ok but no audio did a reboot cpl of time with same problem i know the movie works because it has played in the past, anyway while trying to get the mkv to work i thought i try a avi movie which started with audio no problem. Is there a missing codec in the player file for mkv or maybe corrupt. Too many people reporting problems with this kind of file.

pooface
25-06-13, 22:56
Hi

Has any of the team looked at the behavour of mkv movie files withing the image example last night i rebooted the receiver before running a mkv movie as previous problems getting them to work... movie started ok but no audio did a reboot cpl of time with same problem i know the movie works because it has played in the past, anyway while trying to get the mkv to work i thought i try a avi movie which started with audio no problem. Is there a missing codec in the player file for mkv or maybe corrupt. Too many people reporting problems with this kind of file.

Well, tonight,I watched a web-dl 1080p mkv of a series, and there was absolutely no problems whatsoever whilst playing back. Granted, it only lasted around 46 minutes, but I'd have expected it to start playing up had there been something funny with mkv playback...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

zola25
27-06-13, 10:03
Had the same thing just now spinning vix logo for a while then freezes while playing a mkv file have to telnet a reboot command tried it a few times on different files same result.

IAmATeaf
28-06-13, 17:07
Hi

This is going to sound nuts but I've found problems getting the audio to play if the MKV has more than 1 audio track, for me selecting a sat channel which had the audio set to the same as that you want playing in the MKV solved it. As I said weird but it works for me.

Rob van der Does
28-06-13, 17:20
It might be worth flashing your box with the latest available image (see http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/ )

pooface
28-06-13, 18:28
It might be worth flashing your box with the latest available image (see http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/ )

And creating the settings fresh, rather than restoring a backup...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

IAmATeaf
01-07-13, 16:33
Another strange one, was watching an MKV, stopped it to go and do something, came back, restarted the MKV, selected resume and the picture/sound was stuttering breaking up. Nothing I did would fix this except a restart of the box.

I'll try and get the box reflashed with the latest image at some stage.

Rob van der Does
01-07-13, 16:39
There are some fixes in this area that you can only get on your box by flashing 685.

afc_rich
01-07-13, 22:39
Build 685 seems to have fixed the MKV issues for me

zola25
02-07-13, 03:53
685 fixed it for me also, and thanks for the hard work to everbody on the team who must spend ages sorting all the various bugs out.

malaj
05-07-13, 20:49
I have still same problem with some mkv movie, that stops playing after 10 min. I have flashed the latest firmware. Maybe a newer driver is missing :( :(

IAmATeaf
07-07-13, 21:33
I have still same problem with some mkv movie, that stops playing after 10 min. I have flashed the latest firmware. Maybe a newer driver is missing :( :(

Have these movies ever worked on the Duo before? If never then as stated before it could be the movie itself.

malaj
13-07-13, 22:47
Have these movies ever worked on the Duo before? If never then as stated before it could be the movie itself.

I played mkv file first time from my uno box, but no issue from my pc used vlc player.....

malaj
12-09-13, 20:11
I found the problem. When i de-select danish subtitles srt format, movie do not stop. Srt format i use is utf-8. Need your advise.