PDA

View Full Version : WoS service

popeye
24-06-13, 12:32
Without Prejudice.

I don't use forums often, and I post on them even less. If this is in the wrong place or admin is actually WoS staff feel free to delete this message. I'll happily provide my RL details to admins.

In my experience WoS is the worst company that I ever had misfortune to deal with. VU+ remote developed intermittent fault. When I first reported the problem I was fobbed off with instruction to read the instructions on how to reset remote. It's intermittent fault. Why on earth would resetting fix that.
After that I was told to send remote to their address for inspection. Which I did. No replies for more than 3 weeks, none at all, not even one that they have received the remote. When I inquired about it I was told that APPARENTLY it's been mistreated and it LOOKS LIKE it's been opened at some point (their wording in caps). I think it's quite reasonable for remote to have scratches after 10 months of use.

I can categorically state that at no time, while the remote was in our possession, was ever opened appart from the little black hatch to change batteries. I said to above company that I'll consider further action as the matter of principle (I've already spent more time on this than cost of replacement remote would justify). I was told, by email, that they will keep MY remote control as 'evidence'. How can anyone in their right mind decide to keep someone else's property is beyond me. When I pointed that out, I was told that they are under no obligation to send remote to me, and that I should go to their premises to pick it up.

For completeness, they offered to give me 1/2 price discount on buying a new unit. I declined that on principle.

I have correspondence to prove all of the above. You should think twice if you want to deal with company that will decide that warranty should be at their discretion and that you should either pay for transport both ways or 'pick it up from our premises'

Your mileage might vary.

Popeye.

Larry-G
24-06-13, 12:47
All i can say is that from my own personal experience WoS has the single best customer service i have ever received and no i'm not obligated to say that.

I will say this however, before you go slagging the guy off, you dont know what he has had to deal with in the last 8 months and has very recently had a bereavement in his intimidate family.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
24-06-13, 14:30
Ok, lets start from the begining.

You purchased a VU+ Uno on 11/06/12.

You emailed us regards your remote not working in April 2013, we advised you check the remote code setting just in-case you accidentally changed the code, these remote are universal for other VU+ models.

You replied back approx 3 1/2 weeks later in May 2013 saying it didn't fix your issue.

Approx 1 month after that email, you returned a remote control that has clearly been mis-used, not normal expected wear and tear. You posted it on 11/06/13, we received on 12/06/13.

As advised via email, if the unit had only general wear and tear we would have replaced at our cost.

We've offered a resolution, that you have refused today and you have now decided to take a legal route of proceedings.

Any further correspondence from you will be passed to our legal adviser due to the course of action you have taken.