PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] epg and remote control and iphone apps

tinner
23-06-13, 15:16
hi,

first problem.

On using the epg search, I'm able to do it but I'm only able to enter numbers from the remote control, ie if i press number 2 twice I get "22" instead of "a".Now from searching, i have enabled text support in the settings for remote control. Any ideas?

Second problem.

Given the above i went off to search for an iphone app that would solve the above for me. Have both dreamote and e2remote. Both set up correctly and i can see my timers etc.. I can set up a normal timer but i'm unable to set up auto timers. Is there anyway i can fix this?

Thanks for your help

andyblac
25-06-13, 11:18
hi,

first problem.

On using the epg search, I'm able to do it but I'm only able to enter numbers from the remote control, ie if i press number 2 twice I get "22" instead of "a".Now from searching, i have enabled text support in the settings for remote control. Any ideas?

Second problem.

Given the above i went off to search for an iphone app that would solve the above for me. Have both dreamote and e2remote. Both set up correctly and i can see my timers etc.. I can set up a normal timer but i'm unable to set up auto timers. Is there anyway i can fix this?

Thanks for your help

on pressing YELLOW (new search) inside EpgSearch you should be presented with the virtual keyboard, to allow you to enter a new search.

Rob van der Does
25-06-13, 12:10
on pressing YELLOW (new search) inside EpgSearch you should be presented with the virtual keyboard, to allow you to enter a new search.
Indeed it does and that works fine.

BubbleBalls
25-06-13, 13:11
Your second query was something I asked about before as I use e2remote also. For autotimers to work the app requires webinterface in use on the box. VIX uses the more recent (I believe) openwebif, so it's not possible to use the Autotimers function. Even if it was enabled it would not give the same level of options as the box itself - great app all the same.

Tapatalker