PDA

View Full Version : Help - Vu Duo+ Box Stopped Working

rsm42
22-06-13, 23:39
Hi,

I'm having issues with my Vu + Duo box which has stopped working. Basically it powers on but hangs on the "Vix Loading Screen". I'm running the Vix image v2.4.

I re-installed the Vix Client via USB which seems to work when placing the device on standby. However when I power off the device and power back on it stops working and hangs again on the Vix Loading Screen. It stays on the loading screen indefinitely.

For interest I disconnected the hard disk but this does not make a difference. The box is just over 1 year old - Is this a hardware issue ?

I've not wipted the hard drive given the device does not boot when its disconnected.

Any ideas - many thanks ?

judge
22-06-13, 23:47
2.4 is pretty old now.
Grab the latest bootloader & image from http://openvix.co.uk.
Flash the bootloader first (only takes a few seconds), then flash the image, currently 3.0.683

rsm42
23-06-13, 13:20
Thanks

Seemed to work and then rebooted and it
Hung again on boot up.

Any ideas hardware issue thanks ?

satmanbasil
23-06-13, 21:12
Hi

So it worked doing the reflash did you go through the setup screens?

It may look like its hanging if you dont have a satellite selected that your dish is pointing at and a fta channel, to enable us to give you more advise we need to know what you have been doing had you followed the reflash proceedure and gone through the setup installing satellite data there would be no need for the receiver to reboot so we need to know if it did this by its self or did you choose to reboot if so why?

rsm42
24-06-13, 20:14
Thanks

I don't think the image used worked.
I've reformatted the USB key and chose a slightly
Older Vix image which seems to be working.

Thanks all

Mr. Mister
24-06-13, 20:16
sounds like your using a clone Duo.. ??