PDA

View Full Version : Swap file on usb

charliesen
22-06-13, 11:02
Hi all, is there a way to store the swap file on the usb instead of the hdd ? Also how do you increase it from 96mb. I,m running the latest vix image ( downloaded yesterday ) but i was having stuttering problems when playing recordings with the last image. I havent tried playing any recordings with the latest image yet so i dont know if it was image related or not. I'm also running cache flush btw.
Charlie

Stanman
22-06-13, 15:58
Should not need swap for recordings unless you have bucket load of plugins?

Mount the USB in mount manager and you should be able to do it.

Rob van der Does
22-06-13, 16:14
A swap will not do anything against stutttttering.

charliesen
22-06-13, 18:05
Well i know on older versions of vix the only way to cure freezing and stuttering when watching recorded tv was to have a swap file enabled. So if its not that any idea whats causing it ?. I've only got one plugin installed and thats the cache flush.

Rob van der Does
22-06-13, 18:11
Where do you play from? And you did try the latest image (683) now?

charliesen
22-06-13, 18:38
I play them from the inbuilt vix player. The r button next to the menu button. I just upgraded to 683 yesterday but haven't played any recordings since. I'll leave it for a while and see how it goes next time i watch a recording. Thanks for the replies.
Charlie

Rob van der Does
22-06-13, 19:29
I meant to ask about the medium the files are on: internal HDD?

charliesen
24-06-13, 09:24
Ah sorry. Yes they are on internal hdd. Didn't seem to happen last night so maybe the new image has sorted it.