PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] Update sticks on 81/100

LFN
20-06-13, 17:06
Hi. I have tried several days now to upgrade through wifi my ET9000.
It had never been an issue until now. I choose to upgrade and restart. Then it starts to "back up files/safety coping files" and the it stucks on 81/100. After some minutes it starts all over with the backup of files and every time it keeps going until 81/100. I left it for hours and still stuck.
Only cutting the electrical connection will restart the box.

Any solution for this? The box is working, but it does not upgrade.

Larry-G
20-06-13, 17:18
What image version are you currently on and do you have picons installed from the feeds ?.

pooface
20-06-13, 18:14
Also, since this seems to be a problem with the auto backup, have you tried running a manual backup?

Any debug logs?

LFN
20-06-13, 18:49
What image version are you currently on and do you have picons installed from the feeds ?.
v3.0 Build 680.
No picons installed anywhere.

LFN
20-06-13, 18:56
Also, since this seems to be a problem with the auto backup, have you tried running a manual backup?

Any debug logs?

Just tried manual backup and then it stucks about 40 seconds at 81/100 but then continues. When doing the software update it stucks for hours.

copex
20-06-13, 19:06
try using telnet to update.

pooface
20-06-13, 19:44
try using telnet to update.

That was going to be my next thing to say, since you say the manual backup works fine...

Just in case you're not sure, telnet in to the box, and issue:

init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6

LFN
20-06-13, 20:49
That was going to be my next thing to say, since you say the manual backup works fine...

Just in case you're not sure, telnet in to the box, and issue:

init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6
I am really a newbe when it goes technical. Could you explain a bit more in detail or redirect me to a guide?
Sorry for beeing dumb :-)

copex
21-06-13, 19:40
as i dont know which version of windows you have see link below.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how+to+telnet+on+windows

or you can download putty. (google it)

open a windows command prompt and type telnet <ip address of ET9x00>

you will then get a login prompt, default user name is root and password is root

then past the line in the above post to the host hit enter and you will see loads of text wait for box to reboot.

hope it helps.

pooface
21-06-13, 19:44
Here's a guide of enabling telnet in windows 7:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12558-Tutorial-How-to-enable-the-default-Telnet-client-in-Windows-7

in regards to copex's post above, the default password is blank (i.e. there is no password)...

andyblac
22-06-13, 11:44
Just tried manual backup and then it stucks about 40 seconds at 81/100 but then continues. When doing the software update it stucks for hours.

try disabling auto backup in Software Update settings.