PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Nothing but problems since updating to vix 3.0

thejoker
19-06-13, 22:33
Im on vix 3.0 683 on my vu solo. When running 2.4 everything ran smoothly, sometimes epg would not auto update but was used to that.

Ive did a full reflash of 683 and when I update epg, it dissapears after an hour or so, I think when box goes into standby or left for a while I loose everything. This was the case before when I lost power or turned off at the switch but this was normal, Im aware of that.

Box runs fine other than this but really dont want to be without my EPG...

Ive read others are having problems with picture freezing up and hard drive mounts disappearing, I have also noticed this along the builds of vix 3.0, on one particular build updating simply made the box go to a black screen which by googling I found out everyone elses did too..

Should I just go back to 2.4....as things ran alot smoother when I was on this image..

Mr. Mister
19-06-13, 22:41
I dont want to go back to 2.4.. as 3.0 is fantastic..

For your EPG issues.. Have you deleted all EPG files from your HDD / USB.. ???

If not.. Do that.. And im pretty sure you will have no more EPG issues..

Its very easy to blame an image for your problems.. 99.9% of issues.. are user problems.. and nothing to do with the image..

Larry-G
19-06-13, 22:44
Personally i run ViX 3.0 on 7 receivers all without a problem although i will point out that i dont have a Solo. it's also worth pointing out that almost all of those who have reported mounts disappearing were because of said user installing the TSpanel plugin.

chucknorris666
19-06-13, 23:06
I personally have no problems at all with vix 3.0 build 683 on solo 2 and vu duo.

A friend of mine has the solo and did have problems with EPG like you say what he done was as mr mister says removed the EPG.dat file from his hdd and re set it up.

He also said he created a swap file (blue button > vix > swap manager) this seemed to make the box run more smoothly.

Hope this helps.

judge
19-06-13, 23:29
Little to no point in reverting to 2.4 (as bugs, feeds an so on are no longer updated & you're missing all the new features).
Lots of Solo users here using 3.x builds without issue.

Enable debug logs & upload any along with any crash logs & I'm sure someone will be able to help.

IAmATeaf
20-06-13, 20:12
Do as Mr Mister states remove all epg files from usb/hdd restart and then check settings and then do a download.

bluey2
20-06-13, 21:51
Hi all, just reading this thread and really am just curious as to how you remove files from hdd & usb as I cannot find in the menus
regards

Larry-G
20-06-13, 21:54
you first need to put enigma into sleep mode via a telnet session with the init 4 command.
Then using a FTP client you search the USB stick and HDD for the EPG files and delete them, then use the init 3 command in telnet to wake enigma again.

once thats done just run the EPG downloader again and you should be fine.

bluey2
20-06-13, 22:01
thanks for that info