PDA

View Full Version : Venton Unibox HD1+ (Tune failed message)

andandju
18-06-13, 17:59
Hi newbie here so any help advice much appreciated,

Bought the box last week from WOS with Vix pre-installed.

The problem I have is that when changing channels from say Nick jnr to SS1HD I often get a tune failed message, I rectify this by going into Autobouquets and running a scan (takes about a minute) and then SS1HD will appear, the problem then is if I went to say Comedy central I would get the tune failed message again and then I repeat the autobouquets scan to get the channel up. This does not happen on all channels for example going from Nick to SS1HD will show tune failed but if I scoll to SS3HD that will be playing ok.

On setting up the box I ran the auto scan for both recievers and have them set up as advised on other posts on the tune failed issue. I have set the crossepg up and set the UKTV area to central HD. I dont know how much I can say about CCcam without breaking rules but all that is set up in Softcam manager and autostart selected.

To try and solve the problem I have reflashed VIX
I have made sure the connectors are in properly and even swapped them around.
I have tested the connection on my SKYbox M3 and all channels work perfectly and no issue changing channels.

Having looked ito this on other threads / sites people are suggesting it maybe a tuner issue not locking onto all the channels hence the manual scan each time because all of the channels are definately there. Othere have suggested a problem with the Sat exe or something like that.

Sorry for the lengthy post just trying to get as much info in there I really hope it can be solved as the box is great when working with full EPG and very easy to use, my kids and wife definately dont want to go back to the M3 box with no EPG so any help advice will be much appreciated.

Andy

andandju
20-06-13, 01:00
Any ideas anyone?

judge
20-06-13, 01:09
CCcam won't be causing a tune failed message.
Are you running the inbuilt ABM in the VIX image?
If so, after the scan, if you reboot the box or restart E2, do the same issues pop up?

shuggy
20-06-13, 01:52
I had same type problem try running manual scan see if your picking up about 900 channels mine was only picking up 471 at most had to remove tuner and send back, noticed the heat shield was missing of the end

judge
20-06-13, 02:29
'only picking up 471 at most' is typical for a regional scan, have you tried enabling any other regions, FTS & so on...
You will then get all the duplicates, regional versions, FTS and so on...

andandju
20-06-13, 05:09
CCcam won't be causing a tune failed message.
Are you running the inbuilt ABM in the VIX image?
If so, after the scan, if you reboot the box or restart E2, do the same issues pop up?

Yes using the built in ABM . I have re booted and restarted E2 but still the same problem. Do you think it maybe something to do with the user interface settings because when I did the reset the screen was a little to big and I flicked around the channels and everything was fine. I then altered the display to fit my TV and the tune failed appeared again

andandju
20-06-13, 05:15
'only picking up 471 at most' is typical for a regional scan, have you tried enabling any other regions, FTS & so on...
You will then get all the duplicates, regional versions, FTS and so on...

Is that in the tuning section where I have central Hd. I have not done a search on free view channels. How do you enable other regions.

Thank for the advice so far, at work so not able to try things at the moment.

Sicilian
20-06-13, 08:13
Do a manual single satellite scan on 28.2, then post back how many channels are found.

Menu > Setup > service searching > manual scan > see attached screenshot for correct settings.

Larry-G
20-06-13, 08:15
Is that in the tuning section where I have central Hd. I have not done a search on free view channels. How do you enable other regions.

Thank for the advice so far, at work so not able to try things at the moment.

when using ABM you must set a region for sky and freesat in order to populate all the channels.

andandju
20-06-13, 09:40
Do a manual single satellite scan on 28.2, then post back how many channels are found.

Menu > Setup > service searching > manual scan > see attached screenshot for correct settings.

Ok done that and found 473 channels

andandju
20-06-13, 09:54
when using ABM you must set a region for sky and freesat in order to populate all the channels.

Done that as well and the problem seems to be fixed however the channel list is just a list there is no description. I have just tried cross epg downloaded and it sticks at parsing 13.22 MB and then displays service unavailable check tuner configuration

Rob van der Does
20-06-13, 10:05
'Tune failed' means that the tuner setup is OK for that channel, but that for some reason no lock can be obtained. This usually is a hardware matter, so best is to check all connectors/cables/switches.
Even better on multi tuner boxes is to enable only one tuner, see if the problem is there; then change to the other tuner. Then see if the problem goes to the other tuner when the feeds are changed.

shuggy
20-06-13, 10:34
yeah tuners nackerd I think, I got the venton hd1 dual tuner tho, tuner b was picking up 998 channels and tuner a between 438-471 that's why it was failing when making up bouqets wow asked me to do manual scan on each tuner before asking me to snd the tuner a back, also im sure theres other possible causes mine seems to be the tuner also check if the tuner is hot as mine was quite hot and when I opened box to send back it was missing heat shield hope you get it working :)

andandju
20-06-13, 10:52
yeah tuners nackerd I think, I got the venton hd1 dual tuner tho, tuner b was picking up 998 channels and tuner a between 438-471 that's why it was failing when making up bouqets wow asked me to do manual scan on each tuner before asking me to snd the tuner a back, also im sure theres other possible causes mine seems to be the tuner also check if the tuner is hot as mine was quite hot and when I opened box to send back it was missing heat shield hope you get it working :)

Cheers for the info. Followed all the advice and it seems to be OK but there is a problem with cross epg not saving to usb. I am trying to mount my external HD but its sending the box to a continuous boot loop. The HD is formatted to fat 32 but unable to mount without error.

Sicilian
20-06-13, 14:15
Ok done that and found 473 channels

Do you have a twin or single tuner?
If Twin, was the scan with Tuner A or B?

Larry-G
20-06-13, 14:29
Cheers for the info. Followed all the advice and it seems to be OK but there is a problem with cross epg not saving to usb. I am trying to mount my external HD but its sending the box to a continuous boot loop. The HD is formatted to fat 32 but unable to mount without error.

if you have a bootloop do you have the crash logs that correspond with it ? also have you installed any plugins specifically TSpanel ??.

andandju
20-06-13, 15:30
Do you have a twin or single tuner?
If Twin, was the scan with Tuner A or B?

Twin tuner and scanned A

andandju
20-06-13, 15:42
if you have a bootloop do you have the crash logs that correspond with it ? also have you installed any plugins specifically TSpanel ??.

Not installed TS panel. How do I access the crash logs and how do I retrieve them to send to you.

Sicilian
20-06-13, 15:42
Twin tuner and scanned A

Please contact WoS to resolve your issue if purchased from them.

andandju
20-06-13, 15:44
Just scanned B tuner and found 18 Channels

andandju
20-06-13, 15:52
Please contact WoS to resolve your issue if purchased from them.

I have just followed instruction on mounting external HDD and downloaded cross epg, it took a few goes at getting past parsing 13.22 but it did eventually. I restarted the box and now all channels in the EPG are populated.

Fingers crossed this is going to be fine now. Thanks for all your help everyone . :)

Sicilian
21-06-13, 04:58
Just scanned B tuner and found 18 Channels

You couldn't have set the manual scan settings to 'single satellite', you must have left as single transponder.