PDA

View Full Version : DD audio problems with latest drivers

marty
18-06-13, 12:17
I have my Quad connected to my amp via optical, been that way for months.
Downmix is set to off otherwise you won't get DD 5.1 ;)

What I have noticed is that sometimes when I turn the box on (from standby) say for example Discovery HD or any other channel the normally carries DD I have no sound :confused:
If you then change channel and back again the sound will then come back, or alternatively enable downmix and then disable it.
Also when watching a recorded program and you forward the adverts you again have no sound when you play again, very annoying :rolleyes:
If downmix is enabled non of the above problems exist.

This problem has only shown itself lately and the only major change is the drivers 3.3.6-1.2-20130603
I loaded the older drivers 3.3.6-1.2-20130308 and problem totally diapered :D

marty
22-06-13, 18:59
Same issue with the drivers that came out a few days ago too :(

pooface
22-06-13, 19:14
Had similar problems to this with vu's from as far back as I remember, when they crashed... Sometimes, on avi's/mkv's, the audio doesn't come back until a full restart...

Anyway, hopefully giga will discover what they messed up, and revert it... Maybe one of the reasons they pulled the drivers

BubbleBalls
11-07-13, 12:07
Marty,
Just seen this as you linked it from Team Reds drivers thread. I've had none of these issues though my setup is a little different.

I have a scaler/hdmi switcher (DVDO Edge) which takes all inputs (PS3, Quad, DVD player, Camera etc). Quad is connected to this via HDMI only. Edge then uses HDMI to TV and optical to amp. I have had no sound loss on DD (accept if streaming airplayer, when down mix is needed)

So it seems to be optical out from Quad that has the issue.

Tapatalker

marty
11-07-13, 12:28
So it seems to be optical out from Quad that has the issue.

Tapatalker

Possibly but I want the quad connected direct to the TV as I don't always have the amp on (I haven't checked to see if the amp does pass-through when its off, but I doubt it?)
Maybe I'll check it later ;)

dwarf
11-07-13, 13:08
I've had these issues with driver update.

My box is connected via hdmi to my AVR then AVR to TV. It normally occurs after the box come out of standby but flicking up a channel normally brings the sound back.

Using any plugin such as tsmedia or ondmand always requires the downmix to be enabled.(this is not a requirement on a vu+ box with the same configuration)

hilly
15-07-13, 16:24
i cant get any audio on any video playback from streams or ondemand.Hope someone at gigblue is working on a fix asap.

Larry-G
15-07-13, 16:30
i cant get any audio on any video playback from streams or ondemand.Hope someone at gigblue is working on a fix asap.

Forgive me for skipping over the rest of the thread as i may have missed something, but it's worth pointing out that OnDemand is a thirdparty FREE plugin and therefore nothing at all to do with any manufacturer so i cant see how it's gigablue's problem.

hilly
15-07-13, 17:29
i will just double check.

My fault with the audio settings while in the player mode,ive never had to alter them before then read about the drivers and put 2+2 together for 5:rolleyes: