PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] Unstable Crashing Every other Hour

jags53
18-06-13, 11:39
Hi All,

I feel very guilty posting for help so soon, I have tried searching for answers to no avail.

I have a VU+ Uno running Vix3.0 build 679 (updated to 682 yesterday), which crashes about 5-6 times a day just watching TV. occasinall the octure freezes or goes black but the audio continues.

Some of the troubleshooting I have tried:
I have tested it on FTA, HD and SD and all seem to crash. For e.g today I have left the box on whilst im at work today, I checked the logs to discover it had crashed twice without any user interaction - so it seems to be an automated process casuing the crash.

Cross EPG is installed on a 16gb USB along with picons and I also have SGT Bricktop Bouquets on the box other than that I have nothing additional setup bar maybe a softcam.

I have reinstalled the flash (tried older 600 builds) but still get the same behaviour.

I have tried reading throught the crash logs but to be honest I dont really know what im looking for, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
J

Rob van der Does
18-06-13, 11:55
I advise you to enable a swap-file (via the GUI: ViX --> Swap manager) and see how you go from there. Note that you need a Ext3/4 formatted USB-stick for that.

jags53
18-06-13, 11:59
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the advice I will read up on swap files and try that tonight :-)

J

andyblac
18-06-13, 14:28
looks like driver crash.

josh_g
18-06-13, 14:29
its very simple.. blue button> VIX> swapfile and then set one up from there :thumbsup:

jags53
18-06-13, 21:49
Andy, is there anyway from figuring out which driver could be causing the crash? the swap file did not seem to help unfortunately :(

judge
18-06-13, 22:08
Andy, is there anyway from figuring out which driver could be causing the crash? the swap file did not seem to help unfortunately :(

Is it still doing the same with a fresh flash, no settings/plugins restore of buid 683?
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BUltimo/

jags53
18-06-13, 23:16
I just flashed it with nothing additional installed and the box restarted. I often get a 'Tune Failed' message which then disappears. Could it be a hardware fault?

Thanks,
Jag

judge
18-06-13, 23:30
To get a 'Tune Failed' message you must have installed or generated a channel list, how are you doing this?
What sats & channels is it happening on?

jags53
18-06-13, 23:39
The message pops up but does disappear.

Configuration Mode: Simple
Mode: Single
Satellite: 28.2E Eutelsat 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2F
Send DisEqc: No

It has happened on BBC One HD - rebooted twice.

Picture freezes and audio continues remote inactive, then box eventually reboots itself..

judge
19-06-13, 00:18
so, this is on a fresh flash of 683?
have you checked the cables/f connectors to make sure there isn't a short happening somewhere?
is it the same on all tuners?

Rahat786786
19-06-13, 13:31
Make sure that whenever you do a fresh install that you do not restore backup settings. It looks as if you are restoring your settings as channel lists do not come preloaded with fresh builds.