PDA

View Full Version : Ultimo 3 tuner setup, after installing Vix 3, problem with tuner B

RGSat
18-06-13, 00:47
Thanks to this great forum and the Vix image, I've happily upgraded/tweaked my Duo and Ultimo for the last couple of years, but this has me stumped. Upgrading my Ultimo from 2.4 to 3.0.679 renders tuner B unusable, it tunes but it's as though there is a weak signal or bad connection. Tuners A and C work fine. I flashed back to my saved 2.4 backup and all is well, tuner B works fine. So it's not a hardware fault. I've re-flashed Vix3 several times, factory resetted, all to no avail. Has anybody else seen this issue? Thanks for any thoughts.

Rob van der Does
18-06-13, 04:52
Are you connecting via HDMI?
If so: could you please disconnect the HDMI-cable and use any other way of connecting? Doesn't matter which one, even CVBS (yellow cinch) would be fine, as it is only for trial.
After that: reboot the Ultimo and see if the same problem persists.

PS: I take it your tunersettings when under ViX 3 are correct?

Trial
18-06-13, 08:02
Hi,
did you make a FPGA upgrade at least once? I am not sure but 2.4 is quite old.

ciao

RGSat
18-06-13, 22:48
Thanks for your replies.

Are you connecting via HDMI?
If so: could you please disconnect the HDMI-cable and use any other way of connecting? Doesn't matter which one, even CVBS (yellow cinch) would be fine, as it is only for trial.
After that: reboot the Ultimo and see if the same problem persists.
PS: I take it your tunersettings when under ViX 3 are correct?
Yes the problem persists, I used CVBS, HDMI disconnected. Tuner settings are identical for all 3 tuners, on setup I ran AutoBouquetsMaker for SlyTV, A and C work fine, B still breaking up/unwatchable.

Hi,

ciao
No, I haven't since new, I didn't know I needed to. It does feels like a driver issue.

Rob van der Does
19-06-13, 04:11

No, I haven't since new, I didn't know I needed to. It does feels like a driver issue.
So you have done so now I suppose?
And Trial is correct: the symptoms you describe are indeed consistent with a not-updated FPGA.

RGSat
19-06-13, 11:49
So you have done so now I suppose?
I have now and that fixed the problem. The FPGA update was available in the firmware update section. Thank you both for your help. Searching the forum, there is very little information about this and nothing on the Vu website. Perhaps you could add a note to the Vix firmware release notes about the FPGA update being a requirement, I would have noticed that. Thanks.

Trial
19-06-13, 11:50
Hi,
the problem is that the update is around 12 month old. How long should we advise a FPGA update?

ciao

RGSat
19-06-13, 12:09
Hi,
the problem is that the update is around 12 month old. How long should we advise a FPGA update?
Fair enough, I just couldn't find anything about the issue and didn't know what the FPGA update was until you mentioned it. I'm very grateful for your help.

Rob van der Does
19-06-13, 12:10
LOL, that's why I even didn't think about this any more .....

Trial
19-06-13, 12:19
Hi,
and you are a lot older than me:-)

Do currently sold Ultimos still have the old FPGA version installed? If yes we should make a note somewhere.

ciao

Hehakasa
26-06-13, 14:13
Hi I had this problem with vix on my ultimo so went over to blackhole all 3 tuners work perfectly

Rob van der Does
26-06-13, 14:17
There is no difference in this respect between the images; this aspect is governed by the drivers (and the setup of course) and all use the same drivers.

Stanman
26-06-13, 20:12
Using VIX here on Ultimo with 3 tuners and no issues whatsoever