PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Audio problem playing films mp4

satmanbasil
18-06-13, 00:26
Hi guys

I have my solo connected to a usb drive where i store my films of late i have noticed a problem when going to play a movie the sound does not work what i have to do is restart the receiver sometimes this clears the problem but not always last night i downloaded a movie that worked perfectly well on my pc using vlc player but when using the vix media player there was no sound and the reboot didnt help the file is a mp4 but surely it must work as it has in the past. Can anyone shed some light on possible work around or fix for this by the way im on the latest build.

judge
18-06-13, 00:43
By latest build, I presume you mean 682?
Please use the build number rather than 'latest build' as not only does it help us test the same issue on the same build, it also helps if any issues pop up in future & also search functions for other users.

There was a gstreamer change included in build 682, can you upload a debug log of the time when this issue happens?
Just checked a few old mp4's on the TM Twin using build 682 & all have sound so far...
I am using internal HDD though, not USB stick.

IAmATeaf
18-06-13, 11:13
Does the MP4 have multiple soundtracks, sorry if this is a stupid question as I don't know if MP4 can support multiple but I've found with MKVs with mutiple soundtracks that on my Duo when playing an MKV it's using the track number of the current channel you're watching for playing the MKV but switching back to the first track results in no sound. The only way I found to fix this was to ensure that the first time I tried to play the MKV I was on a channel where the first audio track was selected.

Hope that make sense :)

satmanbasil
18-06-13, 15:45
Hi mate

Yes it was build 682 that it happened on but also the same with build 683 today tryed another mp4 film with same results, dont have a crash log to show the problem, i shall reload film in avi to see if that solves the problem.
Also answer to other message regarding multi soundtrack the answer is no only one audio track.

satmanbasil
18-06-13, 18:35
hi

Well the mp4 to avi conversion works just fine maybe andy and the team can investigate possible problem with mp4 on our player. If i happen to get a crash log showing the problem i will post.