PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] ViX 3.0 Icons?

bmwcare
17-06-13, 22:50
Hello all,
Could anyone be kind enough to explain what the icons at the right mean?
If they're green/red/white/grey etc?
Flashing or not...

ViX 3.0 Build 682 on Technomate Twin OE.

Standard Image save for addition of:
Oscam v8639
CCcam v2.1.3
Mgcamd v1.38

Thanks!

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/6195/aqxg.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/aqxg.jpg/)

judge
17-06-13, 23:07
The first one is the image update icon, grey = no updates available, red = unstable updates, green = stable updates.
REC will be flashing red if something is being recorded or a tuner is being used for another function like streaming.
The rest will all remain grey unless they are being used or have other services available & then will be green
Subservices, if the channel has a sub service available.
HbbTV, if the channel has a HbbTV service available.
HD, if the channel you are watching being broadcast in HD...
Picture format, sound, encrypted, teletext...

bmwcare
17-06-13, 23:18
Thank you judge.

It's my first time using a Linux STB and only getting my head around things.

E.

judge
17-06-13, 23:28
Thank you judge.

It's my first time using a Linux STB and only getting my head around things.

E.

no worries, remember these will also be skin dependent.
Enjoy your first Linux STB, to some it seems a big learning curve, to others, things are pretty obvious...
But we all get stuck at times, so ask away when you're unsure about anything.

bmwcare
17-06-13, 23:37
no worries, remember these will also be skin dependent.
Enjoy your first Linux STB, to some it seems a big learning curve, to others, things are pretty obvious...
But we all get stuck at times, so ask away when you're unsure about anything.

Having an issue with the box crashing when trying to use mount manager... But I'm not asking for help on that one yet! Only started with telnet and FTP et all last Saturday...

Have tried all images I could find and ViX appears to be the best/easiest to use... So, fair play, ViX team doing a fabulous job!

And everything needed appears to be on this forum. Search is fantastic!

E.

judge
17-06-13, 23:54
Having an issue with the box crashing when trying to use mount manager... But I'm not asking for help on that one yet! Only started with telnet and FTP et all last Saturday...

Have tried all images I could find and ViX appears to be the best/easiest to use... So, fair play, ViX team doing a fabulous job!

And everything needed appears to be on this forum. Search is fantastic!

E.

a crash = a crash log, by default with ViX they are stored in /home/root/logs/ & can be uploaded to threads by using the Go Advanced button on each thread.
Open a new thread with any new issues you find & they'll probably be seen a lot faster.
Also, please continue to use the search function as many questions & solutions are already provided & it can get a bit tedious answering the same questions over & over again.