PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Time Shift causing stutter

kanwar
16-06-13, 23:48
Hi guys,

I hope all are well.

As you guys know, I've had various problems with my tm-2t. I've managed to sort out pretty much everything. However, I have one problem remaining. PTS is still problematic.

I have tried various settings with PTS but it causes a problem whereby encrypted channels begin to stutter a number of hours after turning PTS on. I really don't know whatis causing it. I have mounted the HDD correctly, initialized it etc and it is set to the right folder too.

Does anyone else have this problem or any ideas how I can resolve this?

I am using VIX image 669
HDD is Toshiba 320gb internal

Thank you.

judge
16-06-13, 23:57
Unfortunately, the drivers TM have supplied us with for ViX images still aren't up to scratch.
There's not much we can do till they supply us with drivers that work correctly on the supplied kernel.
It's still a waiting game for now as to when we can expect TM boxes to work as advertised using ViX or most if not all other images.

kanwar
17-06-13, 00:21
Thanks for the reply.

So everyone has this problem with PTS on current VIX image?

Other issues seem to be fixed now, including recordings etc. This is a little but annoying problem.

judge
17-06-13, 00:31
Thanks for the reply.

So everyone has this problem with PTS on current VIX image?

Other issues seem to be fixed now, including recordings etc. This is a little but annoying problem.

Not speaking for the ViX team here, but my own testing is still producing pretty random issues including multiple recording failings, sound glitching issues if left on a FTV channel like ITV HD after a few hours... and a few others.

Some issues are so random, they are hard to track down.
For now, enable debug logs & upload them here when these issues happen.

kanwar
17-06-13, 00:41
I am not having the problems you are mentioning, although the odd bug does appear.

How is your PTS working?

kanwar
17-06-13, 00:49
By the way, I just remembered that a message 'Timeshift not possible' occurs upon booting when this stutter issue is happening.

judge
17-06-13, 00:51
Sorry, not using PTS on either of my TM boxes at the moment till they sort out other reported issues.

kanwar
17-06-13, 00:59
Hmmm, that's unfortunate. I hope someone else can help me in this regard.

josh_g
17-06-13, 10:11
i am having issues on my tm twin and keep getting the timeshift not possible error even tho USb is in and mounted and location is correct!

Larry-G
17-06-13, 12:35
Remember to use timeshift the device must be formatted to Ext3/Ext4 and not fat32.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

kanwar
17-06-13, 15:50
I am using my HDD for PTS and it is correctly formatted as you have advised, pheonix. I have also tried using a USB drive but I get the same problem.

josh_g
17-06-13, 16:13
Mine correctly formatted as i went the hole hog of using a new USB to see if that was the problem