PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] Red button services on VIX image

jimbo_jones
16-06-13, 23:46
Hi guys,

Firstly I should say that I'm a relative newbie! I recently bought a TM-Twin-OE and I'm running VIX 3.0 (build 679) and I'm really impressed. It's completely enhanced my TV viewing...so a big thanks to the VIX team for their excellent work.

I've managed to work through forum posts to setup nearly all of the features that I need - all except the 'red button' services such as BBC provide.

Can anyone offer any advice on this please?

Currently if I press the red button it brings up a programme listing for the selected channel for the next 24 hours or so - useful for some people I'm sure - but not something I'd ever use.

So my question is...how can I access the BBC interactive services? I've been using auto bouquets and there's a listing for BBC interactive. However, it just shows as a paperclip icon with no channel IDs attached, unlike the Sly Sports interactive channels which are listed.

Can I manually add an entry here? If so, could somebody advise what I should add please?

That would be a solution to help me watch things like snooker on the red button :) but ideally, and certainly for the girlfriend, I know she would like the 'normal' red button functionality. So moving on from that, is there any way to reprogramme the buttons so that a press of the red would initiate red button services for the selected channel?

Many thanks in anticipation
JJ

judge
17-06-13, 00:10
Hi guys,
Currently if I press the red button it brings up a programme listing for the selected channel for the next 24 hours or so - useful for some people I'm sure - but not something I'd ever use.

By default, ViX uses short red for current channel EPG listing (a lot more helpful than you'd think as you can easily set recording & zap timers from here).
Long red for HBTV, if it exists on that channel.

So my question is...how can I access the BBC interactive services? I've been using auto bouquets and there's a listing for BBC interactive. However, it just shows as a paperclip icon with no channel IDs attached, unlike the Sly Sports interactive channels which are listed.

A new icon has been added for sub services, but for some reason, the inbuilt AMB isn't picking up any BBC interactive service at the moment.

Give it time & lots of debugging...

jimbo_jones
17-06-13, 00:18
Hi Judge, thanks for your reply.

I appreciate the short red button screen has some very useful features - but personally I probably wouldn't use them. The long press red button doesn't seem to do anything though when I try this. Do you have any thoughts on why this might be?

That's promising news about the sub services and AMB - I'll keep an eye out for the debugging results in due course :)

judge
17-06-13, 00:44
Hi Judge, thanks for your reply.

I appreciate the short red button screen has some very useful features - but personally I probably wouldn't use them. The long press red button doesn't seem to do anything though when I try this. Do you have any thoughts on why this might be?

No HBBTV services available on the channel you are watching so on long red press.
It's hard to appreciate features till you use them, on the channel list that pops up on red button press, highlight a show & try short record or long record press to set timers/auto timers/zap timers... just one of the many great features of ViX when you get used to them.

That's promising news about the sub services and AMB - I'll keep an eye out for the debugging results in due course :)
Same here, BBC Interactive reduced to one channel last year, but for some reason overnight SKY bouquet updates still don't pick it up...

jimbo_jones
17-06-13, 01:06
Thanks for the heads up on the functions available from the short press red button - I'll certainly explore those features that you mention, and in time they may well become a day-to-day must for me!

I'm still slightly confused though - are you saying that from BBC1, for example, I should be able to access HBBTV with a long press of the red button? I haven't had any success as yet....I tried in vain today to watch the tennis but couldn't figure out how to access it??

judge
17-06-13, 01:29
Thanks for the heads up on the functions available from the short press red button - I'll certainly explore those features that you mention, and in time they may well become a day-to-day must for me!

I'm still slightly confused though - are you saying that from BBC1, for example, I should be able to access HBBTV with a long press of the red button? I haven't had any success as yet....I tried in vain today to watch the tennis but couldn't figure out how to access it??

BBC don't use HBBTV, interactive red (SKY) button services are a different thing.
Haven't tried Laziers bouquets updater in a while, but maybe worth checking it to see if it still pick ups BBC interactive in it's own bouquet.
If it does, the long press red button still won't work, but you should be able to find the feed you want in the bouquet created.

Larry-G
17-06-13, 08:24
you will never have full red button service from any thing but a officially licensed receiver, at most you can tune to the channels that the red button uses manually but these are no longer categorised properly by ABM due to changes made by the BBC.

you can still find them listed in the ALL channels section as i was watching the end of the tennis at queens on it last night ( the one named 6390 carried the feed ).

Rob van der Does
17-06-13, 11:39
And eeuuhhhh, how to say that politely eeuuhhhhh 'red button services' is quite a big name for showing just one channel.........

Larry-G
17-06-13, 11:42
And eeuuhhhh, how to say that politely eeuuhhhhh 'red button services' is quite a big name for showing just one channel.........

Red button services opens up a lot more than just a single channel, its the portal for digital text, sky and the bbc's interactive channels and more. of course most of those services can only be accessed via a sky box and not on a third party receiver such as a Vu+.

Rob van der Does
17-06-13, 12:48
OK, but other providers still use the good old Teletext that is superbe supported by Enigma2.

We'll see how it goes when/if the BBC adapts HbbTV.

BTW: Does SKY have any HbbTV plans?

Trial
17-06-13, 12:54
Hi Rob,
HbbTV is a kind of European thing and the UK people do not like things coming from Europe:-) Pound, inch, miles, fahrenheit, pint... HbbTV

ciao

Larry-G
17-06-13, 13:13
OK, but other providers still use the good old Teletext that is superbe supported by Enigma2.

We'll see how it goes when/if the BBC adapts HbbTV.

BTW: Does SKY have any HbbTV plans?

teletext ( the analogue version ) ended in the UK last year, only the Digital variant now exists for uk users, as for HbbTv i honestly cant see the UK adopting it.

Rob van der Does
17-06-13, 13:33
Well, recently I saw a quote from the BBC on this forum were the BBC stated to be in the process of adopting HbbTV.

LraiZer
17-06-13, 14:28
AutoBouquets E2 plugin picks up BBCi fine. the BBCi data needs updating in the providers xml for uk, ie and scotland in the AutoBouquetsMaker. maybe try this, it should update your uk provider xml with the current required data? it may need updating again once the new BBCi HD channel has finished its testing phase and is officially added to epg.

andyblac
17-06-13, 17:35
AutoBouquets E2 plugin picks up BBCi fine. the BBCi data needs updating in the providers xml for uk, ie and scotland in the AutoBouquetsMaker. maybe try this, it should update your uk provider xml with the current required data? it may need updating again once the new BBCi HD channel has finished its testing phase and is officially added to epg.

cheers matey, i add this change to git.

mickyblueys
17-06-13, 20:01
Hi Rob,
HbbTV is a kind of European thing and the UK people do not like things coming from Europe:-) Pound, inch, miles, fahrenheit, pint... HbbTV

ciao

.........illegal immigrants!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
17-06-13, 20:04
.........illegal immigrants!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

LMAO without wanting to get into a political debate here but the UK has been a frequent destination for immigration, legal or otherwise, for the past 2000 years, so nothing particularly new there.

and before people start moaning i'm a white Englishman so dont even go there.

Redkite
17-06-13, 20:32
you can still find them listed in the ALL channels section as i was watching the end of the tennis at queens on it last night ( the one named 6390 carried the feed ).
I see there's a 6391 too - maybe extra for Wimbledon?

Larry-G
17-06-13, 20:43
I see there's a 6391 too - maybe extra for Wimbledon?

possibly yes.

Wizard55
22-06-13, 17:59
Hi,

Anyone know the loction of the skyuk.xml is ?. Thanks

Stanman
23-06-13, 13:17
Its located in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

wozlez
02-04-23, 08:51
"If you don't like what I post, Don't read it."

Don't tell me what to read or not read. If I have an opinion, I'll let you know.

Huevos
02-04-23, 16:59
"If you don't like what I post, Don't read it."

Don't tell me what to read or not read. If I have an opinion, I'll let you know.

So your first post on the forum is a rant at a 10 year old post?