PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] EPG Query

chaser
16-06-13, 10:13
Hi,

Don't think this is just related to STV HD, but I have recently been seeing odd behavior with certain EPG views on STV HD (I don't see the problem on STV SD)...

When I zap to STV HD the infobar initially correctly show the current program:

However, after about a second the start time for the current program changes to 0000 and the program info then goes blank. Pressing OK to bring up the first info bar will continue to show the time at 0000 (I know this second screenshot is out of time sync with the first screenshot. This is because I had to recapture the first screenshot, as the first screenshot was pretty poor quality):

However, if I bring up the bouquet view, the EPG shows correctly.

Also, if I bring up the mini EPG (by pressing > next to the ok button), the EPG shows correctly.

Running ViX 3.0 build 680 on VU+ Ultimo & Solo2. Skin is Magic-HD-Night (I think!)

Any ideas?

andyblac
16-06-13, 16:00
Hi,

Don't think this is just related to STV HD, but I have recently been seeing odd behavior with certain EPG views on STV HD (I don't see the problem on STV SD)...

When I zap to STV HD the infobar initially correctly show the current program:

However, after about a second the start time for the current program changes to 0000 and the program info then goes blank. Pressing OK to bring up the first info bar will continue to show the time at 0000 (I know this second screenshot is out of time sync with the first screenshot. This is because I had to recapture the first screenshot, as the first screenshot was pretty poor quality):

However, if I bring up the bouquet view, the EPG shows correctly.

Also, if I bring up the mini EPG (by pressing > next to the ok button), the EPG shows correctly.

Running ViX 3.0 build 680 on VU+ Ultimo & Solo2. Skin is Magic-HD-Night (I think!)

Any ideas?

seems to be able issue with EIT, try disabling it in Epg Setting's

chaser
16-06-13, 16:17
Thanks Andy. That seems to have fixed it. What (if any) other features do I lose by disabling this option?

Rob van der Does
16-06-13, 16:52
EIT is the EPG transmitted by the service provider. Hard to say if 'you miss something', as that depends on your setup and viewing habits.
If e.g. you only watch Sky-UK and you use Cross to download Opent-TV you won't miss anything at all. If you watch services not covered by the EPG-importer you use, you will miss info for those services.

In the infobar you see the so-called Now/Next info. This is also transmitted via the transponder, but it is different data (and hence may conflict with the other data you already have). The latter is what you seem to experience.
You can disable EIT Now/Next apart from general EPG in EPG settings.