PDA

View Full Version : Uno Twin type

joysleep1
15-06-13, 17:47
Hi

I have the Vu+ UNO. I would like to use it as a twin tuner like the duo. Right now it is a single tuner but i noticed there is a part where you can change it to twin tuner. Does this mean if i replace that part, then the UNO will be just like the Duo and i can record two channels and watch a previously recorded file?

Larry-G
15-06-13, 19:01
Hi

I have the Vu+ UNO. I would like to use it as a twin tuner like the duo. Right now it is a single tuner but i noticed there is a part where you can change it to twin tuner. Does this mean if i replace that part, then the UNO will be just like the Duo and i can record two channels and watch a previously recorded file?

yes, once you install the Dual tuner card, your receiver will become a Twin tuner receiver like the Duo.

This is the tuner you need.
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Plug-and-Play-Digital-Tuners/VU-Plus-Uno-Ultimo-Plug-and-Play-DVB-S-S2-Dual-Twin-Tuner-Module

joysleep1
15-06-13, 20:06
yes, once you install the Dual tuner card, your receiver will become a Twin tuner receiver like the Duo.

This is the tuner you need.
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Plug-and-Play-Digital-Tuners/VU-Plus-Uno-Ultimo-Plug-and-Play-DVB-S-S2-Dual-Twin-Tuner-Module

So i would be able to record two channels at the same time and watch a previously recorded channel.?

joysleep1
15-06-13, 20:11
so once i install the dual tuner, do i have to set up everything again. Reflash and reload my images. Or would it just work straight away?
Thanks

Stanman
15-06-13, 20:12
Yes and possibly record more than 2 depending on transponders

joysleep1
15-06-13, 20:37
Yes and possibly record more than 2 depending on transponders

What do you mean by transponders. My sky dish is facing28.2astra to wwatch the standard sky channels. So I'll have one coaxial to one tuner and the other coaxial cable into the second tuner. Could I record let's say itv hd and sky sports 1 hd at the same time and watch a movie that was recorded on my hardrive previously??

Mr. Mister
15-06-13, 20:42
Yes you can..

Think of it like this..

All the channels are all set in groups..

So your recording 1 channel.. in 1 group..

Then you record another channel in another group..

Now both tuners are tied up recording.. But.. You will still be able to watch the other channels in the same groups as the ones your recording..

And also.. You can watch a recording while recording 2 channels at the same time..

Hope i explained it ok..

joysleep1
15-06-13, 20:50
Yes you can..

Think of it like this..

All the channels are all set in groups..

So your recording 1 channel.. in 1 group..

Then you record another channel in another group..

Now both tuners are tied up recording.. But.. You will still be able to watch the other channels in the same groups as the ones your recording..

And also.. You can watch a recording while recording 2 channels at the same time..

Hope i explained it ok..

Oh I never knew that. I thought that because both tuners are being occupied you can't change to another channel apart from the ones you are recording. So if you are recording two channels that are on different transponders and you try to access another channel that is not possible. Would it remind you that if you change to this channel you have to stop recording one of the other ones?

Mr. Mister
15-06-13, 20:58
Recordings are always set to priority.. So unless you change that.. Your recording will always keep going..

judge
15-06-13, 20:59
all non available channels will be greyed out in the channel list, so it's easy enough to see what else is still available.
Also, on Vix on your single tuner box, bring up the channel list, highlight a channel, press green for satellites, choose Current transponder & you will see what other channels you can still watch/record.

joysleep1
15-06-13, 21:04
all non available channels will be greyed out in the channel list, so it's easy enough to see what else is still available.
Also, on Vix on your single tuner box, bring up the channel list, highlight a channel, press green for satellites, choose Current transponder & you will see what other channels you can still watch/record.

Oh Ok thanks very much. Very helpful. When using the vix image. Is there a series link equivalent?

joysleep1
15-06-13, 21:33
Ok this is confusing me now. I'm about to buy a vu uno box fitted with a twin tuner card but he said that with that fitted you can record one channel and watch another at the same time. I thought you can record two channels at the same time. What is it?

judge
15-06-13, 21:37
Ok this is confusing me now. I'm about to buy a vu uno box fitted with a twin tuner card but he said that with that fitted you can record one channel and watch another at the same time. I thought you can record two channels at the same time. What is it?

both are the same...

joysleep1
15-06-13, 21:43
What you mean both are the same. Is the box capable of recording two hd channels with a 3.5 inch hardrive fitted?

Mr. Mister
15-06-13, 22:08
Buddy.. This has now been answered 3 times for you in 3 different posts..

The answer is YES to all your questions regarding recording and watching at the same time..

It does not matter if your have 1 recording going.. You can either watch another channel.. or make a recording..

Its very very simple..

Larry-G
15-06-13, 22:10
you can record two channels and watch any other that falls on the same transponder as either of the two channels you are recording from.

or watch one channel and record any other, while still being able to record another or more as long as they fall onto a transpoder which is the same as the channel your watching or the first recording you made,

judge
15-06-13, 22:13
Yes & more as well as watching playback of something else at the same time.

Larry-G
15-06-13, 22:14
Basically if you have two tuners you can watch one and record one, all others are a bonus.

joysleep1
16-06-13, 00:51
ok just so i can be sure please answer my scenario.

Lets say i want to record the The apprentice which airs on Wednesday at 9:00PM on BBC1. This will be recorded by Twin tuner A. Lets say this transponder is group A or 1. I also want to record a movie on sky movies that starts at 9:00PM on the same day. This will be on tuner B. Lets say this transponder is on a completely different one. (lets say transponder B). So now my box is recording two separate channels on different transponders. So i wont be able to view any more channels while both of these shows are recording because both my tuners are now occupied.. But i will be able to watch something previously recorded right?

Is this possible. Sorry for the long question. I just want to be sure

thanks
So the question is can the Vu+ uno twin tuner do this ?

judge
16-06-13, 01:03
Lets say i want to record the The apprentice which airs on Wednesday at 9:00PM on BBC1. This will be recorded by Twin tuner A. Lets say this transponder is group A or 1. I also want to record a movie on sky movies that starts at 9:00PM on the same day. This will be on tuner B. Lets say this transponder is on a completely different one. (lets say transponder B). So now my box is recording two separate channels on different transponders. So i wont be able to view any more channels while both of these shows are recording because both my tuners are now occupied..
You really need to sit back and read previous answers given...
In this situation, you will also be able to record/watch any other channels broadcast on the same transponders that both tuners are using.

But i will be able to watch something previously recorded right?

At any recording stages, 2 tuners used, multiple recordings, you will also be able to watch any previously recorded shows or shows added to the HDD by various other means depending on the encoding & box used.

joysleep1
16-06-13, 01:11
[QUOTE=judge;219758]You really need to sit back and read previous answers given...
In this situation, you will also be able to record/watch any other channels broadcast on the same transponders that both tuners are using.

Ok so i take it the answer is yes i can do this. So basically each tuner can connect to one transponder right?

joysleep1
16-06-13, 01:13
basically the UNO with a twin tuner can do exactly what the Sky HD twin tuner can do and more right?

judge
16-06-13, 01:46
basically the UNO with a twin tuner can do exactly what the Sky HD twin tuner can do and more right?

the 'can do and more right?' is the basic answer to all your questions so far...
However, it's not the same as a Sky HD twin tuner (locked down) box, it can do so much more & like any box, the longer you use it the easier it gets.

BubbleBalls
16-06-13, 07:15
....... :)

huey45
18-06-13, 23:12
Now reading all the questions and answers on uno twin tuners boxes
wish I had bought one when on special offer of £29.99, will wait see if
sponsor puts back on special again, and buy one...