PDA

View Full Version : extensions dont work

Davy4475
15-06-13, 16:31
hi, does anyone know how to get the extensions to work like, 1channel, 3player and bbc iplayer beta v0.1,
thanks

Larry-G
15-06-13, 16:42
hi, does anyone know how to get the extensions to work like, 1channel, 3player and bbc iplayer beta v0.1,
thanks

The 3player and iplayer are built into a plugin called OnDemand, which is produced and maintained by the ViX team and available to download directly from the ViX image plugin feeds.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Davy4475
15-06-13, 17:34
how and what do i download to get it, ive been searching but not sure what im doing. im new to this

judge
15-06-13, 17:40
Menu -> Plugins -> Green button to download list of extensions -> Extensions.
Highlight OnDemand & click OK to download & install it.

Davy4475
15-06-13, 17:44
onDemand is not there

judge
15-06-13, 18:27
What image & build are you using?

Davy4475
15-06-13, 19:52
im using image version 2.3 and build 204

cwebb66
15-06-13, 20:00

hi Davy you will need to update your image and bootloader to the latest one to get the ondemand to work for you

Davy4475
15-06-13, 20:04
thanks for the reply, i,m new to this so how would i do that, i do want to mess anything up

judge
15-06-13, 20:06

That image is way too old...
Update to a 3.x build, currently build 679 available on http://openvix.co.uk

Davy4475
15-06-13, 20:14
sorry for the silly question but do i just download this, put it on a usb pen turn the box off then on and will it delete the programmes that i have saved

cwebb66
15-06-13, 20:18
sorry for the silly question but do i just download this, put it on a usb pen turn the box off then on and will it delete the programmes that i have saved

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23571-New-box-set-up-guide

have a look here at how to do it this will help you out

you will need to format the usb to fat 32 , and extract the file to it then , turn off the stb , then put the usb stick in , and turn the stb on , when the update has finished the stb will ask you to remove the usb and reboot (turn the stb off and remove the usb ) and turn back on again that should be it will take you about 5 mins

Davy4475
16-06-13, 01:52
hey thanks for the help, i downloaded the lastest image and bootloader and placed the files onto the usb but when i restart it just hangs on starting on the box. ive tried a few of them, i just cant work it out

judge
16-06-13, 01:59
Original box or clone?
You flash the bootloader first (only takes a few seconds), then flash the image (maybe a few minutes longer) but the same process...

Davy4475
16-06-13, 03:02
its an original box i think vu+duo, look like it anyway lol, i tried what u said but i cant seem to get it rite, not sure which files first then whats second, sorry for the burden lol

cwebb66
16-06-13, 09:48
its an original box i think vu+duo, look like it anyway lol, i tried what u said but i cant seem to get it rite, not sure which files first then whats second, sorry for the burden lol

[zip] duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip this file goes first (bootloader) then the image openvix-3.0.679-vuduo_usb.zip

Davy4475
18-06-13, 22:31
thanks for all the help guys, will i lose all my channels when i update

judge
18-06-13, 22:37
thanks for all the help guys, will i lose all my channels when i update

Online update = No.
Fresh flash = yes.
Fresh flash with a settings back up restored during first install wizard or after = no.

Depends on the build you are updating from though as to whether an online backup is recommended or not.

You could also back up your channel listings on a pc using something like DBEdit (available in the settings editors section on here)
& restore them after a flash.

Davy4475
18-06-13, 22:51
thanks judge, i,m trying to go from 2.3 build 204 to the latest version and bootloader

chucknorris666
18-06-13, 22:58
thanks judge, i,m trying to go from 2.3 build 204 to the latest version and bootloader

Fresh flash will be best going from a build that old.

Larry-G
18-06-13, 22:59
if it's a Duo follow this tutorial to flash the image. ( the bootloader process is identical to flashing a image but you do the bootloader first then the image. ).

Davy4475
18-06-13, 23:19
since this will be my first flash lol i,m afraid of losing my channels, ive tried using dbe for the channels but get done but with errors

Larry-G
18-06-13, 23:28
channel lists are easy to install or if your just using the receiver for sky uk you can use the built in ABM plugin to build and maintain a full sky based channel list.

Davy4475
18-06-13, 23:36
how do i get that pluggin

judge
18-06-13, 23:39
It's built into the ViX image.
Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> AutoBouquetsMaker

Davy4475
18-06-13, 23:46
many thanks, here goes nothing, i will let u know how i get on lol

Davy4475
19-06-13, 21:12
update, lol. i cant even get past the first step. ive downloaded the bootloader and extracted it to my usb vuplus duo cfe_cfe_auto.bin. turn of the box and put the usb in, turned on let it do its thing and restarted the box. nothing seem to happen. downloaded the image file, extracted it, deleted the files that was on the usb added the new files vuplus duo and the 5 files and tried to flash the box but when i restart it just hangs on starting. please point out what stupid thing ive done lol

judge
19-06-13, 21:54
Try flashing again...
redownload the image if you have to & maybe try a different USB stick.

Davy4475
20-06-13, 20:54
i,ve tried about 5 usb sticks now judge either im missing something simple or it doesnt work for me lol

Larry-G
20-06-13, 21:14
I know you have been asked this already but are you really sure its a genuine receiver ??, I ask this because this is the exact behaviour you would see of it was a clone receiver.

Try one final time. read the following tutorial and format the USB stick first with the HP format tool ( link in the tutorial ).

How to flash a Vu+ Duo
Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3-How-to-flash-a-VU-Duo-using-a-USB-stick&p=3&viewfull=1#post3)

Davy4475
20-06-13, 21:42
this is what im doing downloaded the bootloader vuplus/duo/ cfe_cfe_auto.bin. turn the box off put in the usb turn on finish and reboot, take out the usb turn and restarts like ive down nothing then delete files on usb and put on image files vuplus/duo/ imageversion kernel_cfe_auto.bin reboot update root_cfe_auto.jffs2 splash_cfe_auto.bin and repeat as before and the i,m stuck on starting when i restart

Larry-G
20-06-13, 21:51
if the receiver just reboots, it's bypassing the image / bootloader files on the stick or just not seeing the stick at all.

Format the stick with the HP Format tool to FAT32 and try again, and make sure you have no other USB devices plugged in when trying to update.

Davy4475
22-06-13, 19:09
ive now tried about 6 different usb stick and still nothing, maybe my box is unflashable cant even get past the bootloader. it says programme finish, reboot and when I restarts is as if I just turn the box off and on

Rob van der Does
22-06-13, 19:32
ive now tried about 6 different usb stick and still nothing, maybe my box is unflashable cant even get past the bootloader. it says programme finish, reboot and when I restarts is as if I just turn the box off and on
I can't make head or tail of that:
- what is 'cant even get past the bootloader'?
- what is 'when I restarts is as if I just turn the box off and on'?

Please describe exactly what you do and what you experience.

Davy4475
22-06-13, 19:41
on the usb I have vuplus/duo/cfe_cfe_auto.bin I turn the box off insert the usb into the box and turn the box on and on the display its says "reading usb programme finished take out usb and reboot, I do that and it starts normally then ive try flashing the image using the same process and it get stuck on starting when I reboot

Larry-G
22-06-13, 19:49
if its getting stuck on "starting" when loading newer images, that strongly suggests the receiver may be a clone.

Davy4475
22-06-13, 19:53
does that mean its unable to be update because I paid £450 for it

Davy4475
23-06-13, 03:33
woohoo sorted

Rob van der Does
23-06-13, 04:21
How ?

duoduo
23-06-13, 08:48
Im thinking clone here, if so mate £450.00 and someone is seriously taking the p*#s!!

Larry-G
23-06-13, 10:09
£450 for a Genuine Duo is on the steep side now adays never mind a clone.

you can get a Genuine Duo from the forum sponsor with a 500GB HDD fitted for £299 delivered or swap it out for a 1TB HDD for a extra £30.

Davy4475
23-06-13, 11:57
since joining this forum knowing nothing I needed some guidance with I have to say everyone was really helpfull and I cant think everyone enough. what did did was looking at someones post I seen that they were on kernel 3.1.1 and they didn't need the bootloader which when I checked I was on also, duh I know lol, but when I downloaded the latest image it still wouldn't work when I unzipped the files which gave me vuplus/duo and the 5 files so what I did was delete three files and kept the kernel and root and it worked, easy for you guys but was a knightmare for me lol. again I would like to thank everyone for there help but can I ask 1 more thing, now that ive updated whats the best things to get, ie plugins so I can get the box to work to its full potential.

Larry-G
23-06-13, 12:03
since joining this forum knowing nothing I needed some guidance with I have to say everyone was really helpfull and I cant think everyone enough.

Thats why we are here, and i'm genuinely happy you have now managed to resolve your problems.

what did did was looking at someones post I seen that they were on kernel 3.1.1 and they didn't need the bootloader which when I checked I was on also, duh I know lol, but when I downloaded the latest image it still wouldn't work when I unzipped the files which gave me vuplus/duo and the 5 files so what I did was delete three files and kept the kernel and root and it worked, easy for you guys but was a knightmare for me lol.

If you downloaded the image from www.openvix.co.uk you should not have needed to delete any files from the image folder for it to load onto the receiver, I have never needed to nor do i know any one else who has.

again I would like to thank everyone for there help but can I ask 1 more thing, now that ive updated whats the best things to get, ie plugins so I can get the box to work to its full potential.

That pretty much depends on what it is your looking for. A good place to start would be the OnDemand plugin from the image feeds ( BBC iplayer, ITV player etc ), This plugin is produced, maintained and updated only on this forum and it's one i personally use daily.

Davy4475
23-06-13, 12:55
26945 any idea how to get the screen to fit

Larry-G
23-06-13, 12:59
Google your TV make, model number with the term overscan and turn this off from the TV. if thats not possible and only as a last resort you can adjust the OSD via the receiver to correct the alignment, but i advise you turn overscan off as with it enabled your loosing a good portion of the viewable area of your TV with all modes not just the satellite receiver.

The reason you may not have noticed this before is because ViX only use HD skins and we dont hide overscan behind buffers like others.

Davy4475
24-06-13, 02:25
How would i get an epg like sky, new skins? I downloaded one tonite and it crashed my box and needed to be reflashed

Trial
24-06-13, 07:37
Hi,

How would i get an epg like sky, new skins? I downloaded one tonite and it crashed my box and needed to be reflashed
do you mean EPG data or EPG gui? What image do you have? What did you download? If image is ViX then post crashlog.

For EPG data you should use cross epg but if you have a box with limited RAM (VU+ Duo, Solo or any other box with only 128MB RAM) you should activate swap. The EPG gui of ViX is IMHO very good and hardly need additional plugins to make it better.

ciao

Larry-G
24-06-13, 11:53

ViX already has in my opinion the single best EPG of any enigma2 image built rite in as for skins thats a little harder to help with unless you can provide crash logs and the name / source of the skin in question.

Rob van der Does
24-06-13, 13:15
How would i get an epg like sky,....
Actually the best way is to have (all) screens Sky look-a likes is to buy a Skybox; 100% guarantee :eek:

I really don't see the point in making everything the same as a SkyBox; would you really like a Vauxhall to be identical to a Volkswagen?

twol
24-06-13, 13:29
Actually the best way is to have (all) screens Sky look-a likes is to buy a Skybox; 100% guarantee :eek:

I really don't see the point in making everything the same as a SkyBox; would you really like a Vauxhall to be identical to a Volkswagen?

Couldn,t agree more.... My biggest issue with Sky is the inability to sort channels into a sequence that meets your requirements.... Even with favourites you get their channels up front.:)
The current VIX epg and bouquet options gives the user great flexability

Davy4475
24-06-13, 20:51
Google your TV make, model number with the term overscan and turn this off from the TV. if thats not possible and only as a last resort you can adjust the OSD via the receiver to correct the alignment, but i advise you turn overscan off as with it enabled your loosing a good portion of the viewable area of your TV with all modes not just the satellite receiver.

The reason you may not have noticed this before is because ViX only use HD skins and we dont hide overscan behind buffers like others.

I did google about the overscan but for my tv it doesnt work. what I do have is sreen adjust but it doesn't adjust enough lol, so what I tried was menu setup system user interface position setup and adjust move left/right and up/down by 1 and it works well but the problem I have is if I turn the box off and on it goes back to the same

Davy4475
24-06-13, 20:53

point taken lol

Davy4475
24-06-13, 20:58
This is my epg i guess what i was trying to say is there a way to improve it26979

Davy4475
24-06-13, 21:07
Hi,

do you mean EPG data or EPG gui? What image do you have? What did you download? If image is ViX then post crashlog.

For EPG data you should use cross epg but if you have a box with limited RAM (VU+ Duo, Solo or any other box with only 128MB RAM) you should activate swap. The EPG gui of ViX is IMHO very good and hardly need additional plugins to make it better.

ciao

i,m on ver 3.0, build 558, what I was trying to do was install a new skin thinking it would improve the epg, I think was called vix-magic-hd, have no clue what I,m doing lol

Larry-G
24-06-13, 21:36
This is my epg i guess what i was trying to say is there a way to improve it26979

well this is what mine looks like.

Davy4475
24-06-13, 22:33
phoenix looks great, how do I get that?

s31teg
24-06-13, 22:45
phoenix looks great, how do I get that?

this is default settings on VIX epg, you should do an update to the latest build

Davy4475
25-06-13, 20:01
my box is mad